"Be the change you wish to see in the workplace." - Sidney O.
I am often told, I got “it”! I am not quite sure what “it” is yet, but I know I have “it” — that factor that means you keep going no matter what.
Born in Toledo, Ohio and raised in Westchester County, New York, I am a blossoming multi-media personality, strategist and producer. Determined to make any brand, business or individual I work with better as well as myself through constant evolution and learning.
I know I will not have complete control over what has and will happen to the world and me throughout my career, but I know I am passionate and motivated enough to tackle all challenges with grace and face all threats with courtesy. I have the vision to lead, impact and inspire people around the world, especially young women who face adversity and struggle to feel included in spaces outside of their circumstances.
Currently, I hold a Bachelor of Science degree in Sports Management with a minor in Journalism and I am working to complete my thesis to obtain a Master’s of Arts in Media Management at Long Island University Brooklyn. My last two years of undergrad were spent developing my craft, where I made my debut on WLIU-BK radio as the bona fide, passionate and entertaining radio personality, “Sidney O. on the Radio.”
While actively paving my own lane in the media industry as a media professional and multi-media personality through a digital landscape, I have been blessed to work and maintain relationships with renowned professionals at SiriusXM, WBLS, HOT 97, WLIB, and more while simultaneously pursuing my goals now working as an Assistant Strategist with an award-winning GLOBAL media agency.
As a student of culture with an eagerness to learn, I believe I am well on my way to becoming a leading voice of my generation.
I promise I will not be perfect, but – real. And, I will always work from within (my heart ♥).
Board Operator, Programming
● Operate control board for studio and remote programs; adhere to all guidelines policies/procedures of the station and FCC.
● Led celebrity facility operations and activations at the Jacob Javits Center for Circle of Sisters.
Assistant Strategist, PHD Media
● Assist Planners and Supervisors (Social/Digital) in execution of the media plan by preparing media authorization forms, tracking media expenditures, create traffic/creative assignment sheets, updating client-facing media activity flowcharts.
● Led the planning of the first ever social immersion day for Foot Locker Inc. brand teams.
● Manage billing coordination with investment and finance teams and handle all client reconciliations.
● Compile competitive data using Nielsen Ad Intel to provide clients an analysis of competitive landscape.
● Analyze market trends, compile data and utilize digital media research tools and systems to support media recommendations for campaigns ranging from $10K to $2 million.
Temp Talk Programming Producer
The Patriot and Entertainment Weekly - Sirius XM
/ Feb 2016 - May 2016)
● Developed creative segment ideas and concepts, often in partnership with the channel producers.
● Operated the control console during live radio program, "The Wilkow Majority."
● Implemented new social media strategies and tracked analytics.
Media Arts Department - LIU Brooklyn
Coordinated, facilitated and promoted the Media Arts Graduation Exhibition of the MA and MFA presentations, films and live art installations.
Intern, Sales, Programming
Marketing and Promotions - Emmis Communications
● Conducted the promotions, contest and listener traffic for WBLS, WLIB and Hot 97 utilizing Promo Suite.
● Supported the marketing and programming department with on-site and off-site promotion efforts and activations.
● Assisted with sales presentations and client request by pulling air checks, creating copy and recaps, etc.
Office of Admissions
● Created mass mailing campaigns to prospective and accepted students through CRM database.
● Assisted the recruitment office and led in planning recruitment events, open houses and admitted students day.
Associate Operations Manager
Bisou Bisou Lounge
● Led company rebrand and website launch as well as created new menu offerings.
● Oversaw social media editor and contributed in social media, marketing and promotions. (i.e.@bisoubisoubrooklyn)
● Constructed administrative system and prepared meeting agendas, briefings, debriefing and presentations.
Social Media Manager
Pure Sports NY
● Operated social media platforms including WordPress, Twitter, Instagram and Facebook.
● Managed multiple writers and aided in developing their online digital presence.
WLIU-BK Radio / Brooklyn, New York
● Managed and facilitated a $60,000 station budget, department directors, staff, meetings, agendas, processes and onboarded new employees.
● Planned, managed and oversaw the first annual Caribbean Carnival with Lyrikal and QQ.
● Spearheaded Roc Nation partnership for Angie Martinez's book tour.
Internships and Extracurricular Activities
● Led a team of five and created all in class lesson plans for kindergarten students.
● Maintained constant communication with teachers, directors and facility operators.
Long Island University
Master of Arts in Media Management, Media Management
Long Island University, Brooklyn, NY
Master of Arts in Media Management, 2019