Innovative thinker with broad-based domestic and international experience in sales management, marketing and business development. High-integrity, energetic leader with track record of generating results in complex business situations. Experienced leader with talent for building and leading top-flight teams and creating highly motivated employees. Skilled at consultative sales and marketing with broad cross-industry experience.
Business Development Manager
Modern Language Center / Mexico City
Developed and implemented marketing initiatives that brought about tremendous growth by providing product positioning and competitive distinction initiatives that led to ten-fold growth and turned MLC into one of Mexico’s leading top-executive business language solution companies. Developed successful business relationships with the largest household names in Mexico together with large governmental entities, such as the General Attorney’s office as well as other reputable names in the country such as Femexfut™, Mexico’s Football Association, Grupo Salinas ($8.7B), Grupo Modelo ($20B), Sanofi ($24B) among others.
• Developed attraction and retention initiatives to grow the company talent by tenfold in size; from 8 to 71 instructors.
• Diversified a basic language school to a consultative language solutions company, differentiating the company to bring about continuous company growth over 7 consecutive years.
• Used Adobe Creative Suite to Develop and implement promotional plans and marketing collateral, including design of advertising campaigns, brochures, sales and other support materials in English and Spanish.
• Designed and used a web-based data capturing system to generate and provide financial and academic reports to clients and students while maintaining accurate records of every service rendered over time.
• Negotiated several programs with domestic and international clients, such as Alloheim in Germany, that led to the doubling of the number of students, groups and company revenue in 2018
Internet Advertising Consultant
AutoTrader.com / Tampa, FL
Worked closely with automotive dealers to provide Internet consultancy to optimize resources and develop strategies for Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and Search Engine Marketing (SEM) and provide training for back-end use and web analytics. Developed market research reports, market trends and statistics for use by the Internet Manager. Focused on selling solutions to fit customer’s unique retail marketing and technical needs; adapted sales tactics and presentations to match individual sales cycle, decision-making process and need for relationship building.
• Trained client staff to increase view/click ratio´s by more than 200%.
• Developed the Latino market for Autotrader.
• Opened 20 new dealerships in the Hispanic US markets in 2 years.
• Negotiated financial settlements with several minority accounts to minimize bad debt ratios.
Latin Sports, Inc / Palm Harbor, FL
Founder of this 8 employee, $500,000 business to deliver sports media to the Latin Community in West Central Florida. Developed, organized and directed marketing strategies, business development plans, promotional activities and business development initiatives to revolutionize the local Hispanic sports market. Managed product prices, terms of sale and discounts in accordance to the company’s objectives and competitive arena. Responsible for providing the sales team with the necessary expertise to enable them to sell. Developed all printed and electronic promotional material, product training, and relevant marketing collateral and documentation.
• Bestowed the 2003 HBIF/Tampa Bay Hispanic Chamber of Commerce Achievement Award.
• Granted the 2005 & 2007 Copa Univision Partnership.
• Conceptualized and developed Tampa Bay’s largest Hispanic soccer events, leading to the Copa Univision.
• Recognized as Tampa Bay´s premier Hispanic sports publication with over 10,000 subscribers.