Program Manager with experience in new product development, sourcing, technology transfer, process ramp in biotechnology, semiconductor and medical device industries.
Medtronic Corporation / Tempe, Az
- Led program for transfer of medical device capital equipment manufacturing to contract manufacturer achieving savings of $13 M annually
- Led program to localize BOM with contract manufacturer to achieve $3M annual savings
Sourcing Program Manager
DJO Global LLC / San Diego, CA
- Developed process to identify, prioritize and manage portfolio of value engineering projects
- Developed OEM supply chain strategy
- Led sourcing team effort and value engineering projects resulting in product cost savings of $3M
NPI Supply Chain Program Manager
CareFusion / San Diego, CA
- Defined strategy for engagement and selection of contract manufacturers providing 20% savings
- Implemented process for new product design firm selection resulting in reduced time-to-market
- Led sourcing design to value teams to implement programs saving CareFusion over $3M
- Led sourcing product development teams to identify parts and suppliers to realize savings during product design
- Helped establish and mentor NPI sourcing project management team, growing the team to six engineers and engaging R&D on over 50% of new product development efforts.
Senior Product Manager
Cymer Corporation / San Diego, CA
- Managed laser product line to improve cycle time, yields, and performance growing revenue by $5M.
- Led program teams to bring product enhancements to market, implement EOL component replacements, and upgrade embedded SW control systems
- Monitored product P&L and implemented recovery actions due to customer requirements, yield requirements or cost improvements
Sr. Program & Portfolio Manager
Life Technologies / Carlsbad, CA
- Managed flow cytometry business portfolio team, driving key decisions on program prioritization, resource allocation, voice of customer, and program funding
- Managed program team to develop and launch Life Technologies first flow cytometer. This instrument will serve as the platform for initiating a new business segment at Life Technologies. In the 6 months of sales the instrument generated more than $5M in revenue
- Managed team responsible for designing, implementing, sustaining, and leading change management efforts for phase-gate process and systems for supporting new product development. Trained over 200 R&D professionals in the new phase-gate process
- Led team to define plate-loader customer requirements using IDEO voice-of-customer methodology
Sr. Program Manager
Link Corporation / Carlsbad, CA
- Implemented product life cycle process for development of new products enabling schedule predictability
- Managed silicon development program improving performance against schedule by > 80%
- Managed foundry factories to deliver first silicon wafers to Pulse-Link
- Completed market research for wireless and coax HDMI product including NPV and 3-yr ROI calculations
Sr. Product Manager
Cymer Corporation / San Diego, CA
- Managed P&L for argon fluoride laser products generating revenues in excess of $80 M
- Increased gross margins 3% with product reliability improvements
- Increased market share at Asian customers by 27% with new product introductions
- Generated $2.6 M upgrade revenue by collecting and meeting customer requirements.
- Developed and implemented process to identify, prioritize and implement product improvement projects
Intel Corporation / Chandler
Program Manager (Chandler, AZ; 2002-2005)
- Managed cross functional product development teams through the product life cycle resulting in launch of Intel’s first dual core embedded processor, 3GHz embedded processor, and first embedded graphics controller hub.
- Gathered VOC requirements for development of strategic roadmap and messaging for Intel’s extended reliability embedded products.
- Managed the business relationship with Intel’s Israel Design Center, Server Products Group, and Intel manufacturing for product development and delivery.
Partners Marketing Manager (Chandler, AZ; 2001-2002)
- Performed market research and benchmarking activities of industry partner programs to identify gaps in Intel’s network processor partner program resulting in portfolio of services that enabled an increase of 15% in design wins and a 50% increase in partner program membership
- Implemented network processor support center. Managed budget and schedule. Drove NPV based decision on contracted, internal and off-shore options for partner program technical support center.
Supplier Manager (Ocotillo, AZ; 1999-2001)
- Managed strategy, activities, deliverables, growth and hiring for 6-person Lithography Capital Equipment Group.
- Direct responsibility for optical equipment accounts across Intel factories - $600M in expenditures with international responsibility for Japanese, American, Irish, and Israeli accounts.
- Fostered and drove relationship with optical equipment suppliers’ executives to align technical development and installation strategy with Intel 1.1 GHz ramp.
- Drove supplier development program, including corporate restructuring effort. Tool installation time decreased 20%, availability improved 10% and escalation response improved by > 1 week.
- Developed and negotiated supplier pricing strategy for equipment improvement to meet the 1.1 GHz ramp.
Environmental Engineering Group Leader & Program Manager (Santa Clara, CA; 1997–1999)
- Developed environmental process engineering strategy and manager responsible for directing activities, defining deliverables and growth for 5-person process environmental group supporting virtual factory.
- Managed $3M annual budget and projects for selection, installation, and qualification of environmental abatement equipment.
- Drove environmental projects from conception through implementation, including negotiation of purchase price, alignment and management of project requirements, resources, and schedules.
Senior Photolithography Engineer (Santa Clara, CA; 1993-1997)
Master, Project Management
Master Certificate Project Management- Villanova University
The Garvin School of International Management
MBA, International Management Thunderbird
MBA International Management Thunderbird, The Garvin School of International Management
Imaging Science Rochester Institute of Technology
Bachelor of Science degree
Bachelor of Science Degree: Imaging Science Rochester Institute of Technology