Accomplished senior executive with successful track record of leading a multi-billion dollar business channel through transformational change resulting in sustainable revenue and profit growth. Strategic, influential leader known for motivating teams to outperform while collaborating within the organization to continuously improve processes that support greater efficiencies increasing productivity, profit and growth while enhancing the customer experience and employee culture. Demonstrated history of creating strategic partnerships with manufacturers, distributors and clients that deliver value for all parties and create lasting partnerships. A strategic thinker and visionary with entrepreneurial ability to execute and achieve results.
Named one of Charlotte’s Top 25 Women in Business by the Charlotte Business Journal – awarded annually to the 25 women who have made the most outstanding business achievements in the Charlotte area. (2002)
Areas of expertise:
Leadership | Supply Chain| P&L | Customer Relations| Supplier Relations| Change Management| Food and Beverage| Healthcare| Sales| Business Development| Operations Management| Group Purchasing Organizations| Team Building| Continuous Improvement| Procurement| Compliance
Vice President, Client Solutions
COMPASS GROUP NORTH AMERICA / Charlotte, NC
Vice President, Healthcare & Education Channel
COMPASS GROUP NORTH AMERICA / Charlotte, NC
Responsible for full P&L related to national healthcare and education channels, successfully building and managing a results-oriented client development and management team that sells and administers the delivery of supply chain and procurement services and solutions related to food, facilities management, and food service.
- Deliver consistent annual growth, meeting and exceeding revenue goals every year
- Manage the contracting, distribution and procurement of goods and services based on customer culinary needs, food service trends, nutrition and health issues, operating patterns, and sustainability requirements
- Responsible for operational excellence processes that drive value to service delivery, focused on meeting client objectives and satisfaction
- 100% client retention since 2010
- Completed client contract renewals through 2022, securing 95% of channel revenue
- Led, managed and closed the largest single sale in the history of the company (’18).
- Tripled Foodbuy healthcare and education channel revenue in nine years, from $10 million (‘10) to $30 million (‘18).
Regional Vice President, Business Development
Broadlane / Charlotte, NC
Responsible for the development of new clients in the Eastern U.S. Target market includes hospitals and integrated delivery networks. Responsible for supply chain contracting, procurement technology, procurement outsourcing, supply chain and clinical consulting, temporary staffing, and other supply chain services.
- Maintained an $800 million pipeline, achieved annual growth goal of $120 million
- Identified and developed new business opportunities and followed through to successful closure, grew existing businesses in developed markets, and led the development of regional sales pipeline
- Managed the entire business development life cycle including creation and management of business plans, evaluation, positioning, bidding, competitive and technical analysis, sales negotiations and account maintenance
- Coordinated resources at client site to implement proprietary technology and streamline processes to improve supply chain performance
- Developed competitive analysis, including update and review process for sales and leadership teams
- Managed marketing activities for existing and prospective clients
- Led company in pipeline development within three months of hire.
- Attained 120% of sales goals before end of first year of service in which I was hired mid-year.
Vice President, Business Development
Premier, Inc. / Charlotte, NC
Responsible for group purchasing business — all aspects of the recruitment of hospitals and healthcare organizations into the Premier membership — including creating and implementing business development strategies and supply chain plans with prospective owners.
- Established and developed relationships with hospitals to determine supply chain capabilities and structure
- Made executive-level sales calls; leveraged client management and operations resources within Premier to strengthen customer relations
- Generated qualified leads and follow through to successful closure
with Premier departments (e.g., data management, market basket and portfolio
analysis, subject matter experts) to generate compelling value propositions
appropriate for customer
- Provided and presented financial value-added market pricing and analysis to prospective member executives
with field VPs to implement new contracts and provide strategic guidance and
- Developed and maintained executive reports
- Worked with Premier leadership team to develop strategies for maintaining a competitive edge in the marketplace
- Developed marketing materials to support sales efforts
Director, Contract Negotiations 2004-2005
- Participated in the development of Strategic Sourcing Process implemented throughout the organization
- Responsible for negotiation of $2 billion portfolio of cardiovascular contracts
- Worked with physician teams to properly source physician preference technology
- Developed and implemented contract strategy, managing change for the organization
- Managed team of analysts and sourcing managers who developed RFPs and sourced categories
- Conducted financial analysis and market basket comparisons
- Negotiated terms, conditions and pricing with suppliers
- Recruited 25 hospitals representing $212 million in new business for FY07.
- Developed and implemented a strategic sourcing process used by entire organization.
- Delivered over $200 million in annual savings through implementation of sourcing processes.
- Instrumental in pioneering and developing Premier’s mentoring program.
- Provided leadership to and participated on Premier’s workplace diversity program.
President and CEO
PSOMI II, LLC dba Atlanta Bread Company / Charlotte, NC
- Started and grew Charlotte-area Atlanta Bread Company (ABC) bakery cafes to include four franchises, including the first ABC outside Georgia
- Responsible for day-to-day operations, business development, lease negotiations, contractor negotiations, build-out supervision, store openings, training, purchasing, marketing, advertising, catering, human resources and accounting
- Grew business from startup to $4 million in revenue, $1.5 million in purchases.
- Awarded ABC “Franchisee of the Year” honor two consecutive years.
i-STAT Corporation / Charlotte, NC
- Grew North Carolina and South Carolina territory for start-up medical technology company to over $1 million in sales
- Sold and implemented i-STAT point-of-care blood gas and electrolyte analyzers to hospitals
- Exceeded territory sales goals for three consecutive years
Director of Marketing, Consulting Services
SunHealth Alliance (legacy Premier corporation) / Charlotte, NC
- Responsible for Southeast region marketing and sales of managed care consulting, organizational restructuring, supply chain consulting, clinical resource utilization, information management
- Managed team of sales consultants and marketing specialists
- Exceeded $12 million annual consulting revenue goal
- Managed the development and production of marketing material for all services
- Developed training materials for 200-plus consultants
- Other positions held included:
- Regional Director, Group Purchasing Services, ‘89-‘92
- Senior Consultant, Consulting Services, ‘87-‘89
- Performance Engineer, Consulting Services, ‘85-‘87
University of North Carolina
MBA Curriculum / Business Administration, Finance, Accounting
I did not complete my MBA as I began traveling extensively for my job.
West Virginia University
Bachelor of Science, Industrial Engineering / Industrial Engineering, Lean Management, Process Improvement
Studied engineering with a focus on the design, improvement, and installation of integrated systems of people, material, information, equipment, and energy to assure performance, reliability, maintainability, schedule adherence, and cost control. We were taught to always look at the “big picture” of an operation or system and bridge the gap between management and operations. Dr. Jack Byrd was the head of the department and was a key motivator of the students and taught me that motivation of people is a key driver in addition to efficient systems and processes. I learned how important this was during two internships I completed during my time in school and have applied it throughout my career.