California Privacy Disclosure Effective on March 26, 2021
We do not sell your personal information.
- You have the right to opt-out of sales. Since we do not sell personal information, we do not have an opt out. If you would like to manage cookie settings, please go here.
You have the right to:
- Be informed about the categories of personal information we collect or disclose about you and the categories of sources of such information.
- Be informed about the business or commercial purpose for collecting personal information and the categories of third parties with whom we share or disclose personal information.
- Not to be discriminated against for exercising your rights under applicable law.
- Request a copy of your personal information we collect about you.
- Request for us to delete personal information we have about you.
- To make a request, please email us at email@example.com or call us at +1 877-370-7552
Categories of personal information we collect:
- Identifiers such as a real name, alias, postal address, unique personal identifier, online identifier Internet Protocol address, email address, account name, social security number, driver’s license number, passport number, or other similar identifiers.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information, including, but not limited to, browsing history, search history, and information regarding interaction with a website, application, or advertisement.
- Professional or employment-related information.
- Commercial information such as products or services purchased, obtained, or considered, or other purchasing or consuming histories or tendencies, financial information, credit card information.
- Education information and skills information.
- Inference data about you drawn from the data based on user profile information.
- Legally protected classifications i.e. gender, age and physical characteristics such as a photo in a user profile or your visual resume.
- Inferences via information you provide or we determine via interaction with our services.
Business purposes for collecting of personal information:
- Provide you with services such as job matching, resume building, cover letter building, resume writing, professional profile building and other career-related services.
- Complete a purchase including invoicing and accounting.
- Provide you with customer service.
- Contact you by email, postal mail, or phone regarding VelvetJobs services, products, surveys, promotions, special events and anything we think may be of interest to you.
- Customize content and advertising for you related to VelvetJobs.
- Improving our services and product offerings.
- Comply with any procedures, laws, and regulations.
We collect the personal information from the following categories of sources:
- Directly from you i.e. the information you provide to us.
- Indirectly from you i.e. from actions on our website.
- Third parties i.e. analytics and advertising platforms.
Shine the Light Disclosure:
The California “Shine the Light” law gives residents of California the right under certain circumstances to request information from us regarding the manner in which we share certain categories of personal information with third parties for their direct marketing purposes. We do not share your personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.