Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
We are looking for a passionate and talented Technical Designer to partner with our in-house Design and Merchandising teams based out of our Headquarters in San Francisco, CA. In this role, you will be taking responsibility for the technical development of new styles, fit approvals and application of all quality standards relating to fit and construction to meet brand standard and requirement.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL
◦ Collaborate with team on creation of a style to establish the initial spec and construction detail.
◦ Effectively communicate fit intent, balance and construction to vendors via tech pack and diagram.
◦ Identify potential production, quality and costing issues and make recommendations to ensure fit standards and quality.
◦ Maintain communication with vendors throughout sample and production process to ensure accurate and concise tech packs, grading and sample logs.
◦ Leads fit session on live model or mannequin, takes ownership of communicating all comments.
◦ Ensure size and fit consistency within each brand and across product categories. Evaluate each style to determine compliance of spec, construction, and fit intent into bulk production.
◦ Identify potential product, quality and costing issues and make appropriate recommendations.
◦ Assure all seasonal deadlines are met.
◦ Expertise in patternmaking including grading, construction and fit.
◦ Knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods.
◦ Experience in Women’s and maternity fit and grading a must.
◦ Strong verbal and written communication skills.
◦ Organizational skills and ability to multi task.
◦ Ability to proactively troubleshoot and problem solve.
◦ Ability to convey necessary corrections.
◦ Strong computer skills.
◦ Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Adobe Illustrator.
◦ AA or Certification in Apparel Manufacturing, Design, Patternmaking or equivalent.
◦ 3+ years experience in the Apparel Industry including patternmaking and construction experience with full knowledge of total production timeline.
◦ May be required to travel both domestic and international.
◦ Specialist in fit / knowledge of construction standards and manufacturing methods.
TO APPLY, PLEASE SUBMIT
◦ Your résumé
◦ Link to a Sample Tech Pack and Sample Fit Comments (Portfolio)
◦ Bonus points for telling us why you’d be a great fit!
Sign up and search through 55,183 curated jobs in the Fashion Edition: