Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Social News Editor (For The Win)
USA TODAY Sports Media Group
We’re looking for a hard-charging, social media-minded editor to cover trending sports and culture subjects on For The Win. The ideal candidate:
*has a knack for telling interesting stories that aren't yet well-known
*truly understands modern storytelling and audience behaviors
*knows how to create and/or identify compelling viral video
*loves making beautiful graphics, charts and illustrations
Location may vary, but our home offices of D.C., NY and LA are preferred. Prior work experience may vary. Compensation is competitive. We value a collaborative, competitive spirit and the ability to act quickly.
This editor joins a small, tight-knit and exceptional staff that has grown FTW to 15 million monthly visitors and quickly established it as a leader in social news.
• 3+ years experience in digital journalism
• Sports and culture junkie that understands what resonates
• Willingness and ability to use metrics to make data-informed choices
• Social-media savvy with a good idea of what makes each platform unique
• Great communicator who can work effectively across teams and departments
Sign up and search through 21,249 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: