Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Discovery’s Global Talent Management team recruits the best talent in the stratosphere. It takes an army of incredibly talented, passionate, creative individuals to make amazing television programming and our team sets out to find them. Oh, and we will find them.
The Recruitment Coordinator will be responsible for supporting Team Campus by finding the most talented students to join our US internship program. The Coordinator will do this through sourcing, screening, and executing events and activities during each semester that provide a rich experience for the students and cultivate a pipeline of future Discovery stars. In addition, the Recruitment Coordinator will assist the wider Talent Management team by sourcing talent for current full-time positions and pipelining future roles of varying levels and locations. The Internship Coordinator will also partner with team members on the roll-out of projects aimed at marketing Discovery as a best place to work and will create mechanisms to effectively and efficiently attract and retain top talent.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Overseeing and executing campus recruitment activities and events both on and offsite and in regional offices.
2. Partnering with internal clients and intern supervisors throughout intern recruitment, spring and summer sessions and off boarding.
3. Training and briefing intern supervisors and HR business partners about their respective roles and assisting with external messaging to potential interns.
4. Responding to all applicants, referrals and inquiries in a timely manner.
5. Sourcing and screening candidates for select full time positions across multiple business areas.
6. Executing programs that support a diverse pipeline of talent for both the internship program and full time roles.
7. Using creative sourcing techniques to identify candidates including direct networking, cold calling, social media and employee referrals.
8. Researching and market mapping top talent across multiple skill sets within the media industry to develop a strong pipeline of external talent.
9. Supporting the Talent Management team with projects aimed to elevate and best market Discovery as an employer of choice.
10. Building relationships with key partners at universities and representing Discovery’s Internship Program on campus
11. Manage the social media for Discovery’s Internship Program
12. Ensuring compliance with company and legislative policies.
• 1 or more years of recruitment related experience, or in a client interfacing role in a corporate or agency environment.
• Experience managing high volume, full life-cycle recruitment and/or early career programs a plus.
• Creative and innovative with approaches and new never-been-done ideas / programs.
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of training and experience.
• Interviewing skills and thorough knowledge of standard hiring procedures, contingency and retained search, and applicable state and federal employment laws a plus.
• Experience with internet recruiting and creative sourcing strategies (ie. Social Media), HRIS systems and applicant tracking systems.
• Must have attention to detail, experience and proven ability to juggle multiple priorities of varying scales, and be able to handle confidential information with absolute discretion.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Must have the legal right to work in the United States.
Sign up and search through 28,801 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: