At Pearson, we’re committed to a world that’s always learning and to our talented team who makes it all possible. From bringing lectures vividly to life to turning textbooks into laptop lessons, we are always re-examining the way people learn best, whether it’s one child in our own backyard or an education community across the globe. We are bold thinkers and standout innovators who motivate each other to explore new frontiers in an environment that supports and inspires us to always be better. By pushing the boundaries of technology — and each other to surpass these boundaries — we create seeds of learning that become the catalyst for the world’s innovations, personal and global, large and small.
The CTI Education group is currently seeking a Psychology lecturer who will expose our students to real-life case studies as well as interactive material within our robust curriculum. Furthermore, the incumbent will be responsible for lecturing and administering modules based on the curriculum provided.
• Facilitation of learning, Supervision, tutoring, assessments and research
• Setting and marking of assessments (including exam papers).
• Preparation of notes and additional study materials and Quality assurance of learning material.
• General academic administration.
• Marking of tests, exams, and assignments and general class preparation.
• Assistance with the preparation, co-ordination and attendance at functions, events, registration, and activities (open / career days / project days).
• Participate in professional development opportunities.
• Contribute and implement innovative teaching and learning strategies, including technology enhanced learning methodologies.
• Participate in research activities and activities and projects to keep abreast of newest
• Developments in trends in Psychology.
• The person must be a registered counsellor with the HPCSA with a registration for more than three years
• Relevant lecturing teaching or tutoring experience within the realm of Psychology
• Experience in a higher education environment is an advantage.
• Knowledge of higher education practices and processes.
• Relevant research experience
Pearson is committed to the principles of employment equity and in accordance with our Employment Equity goals and plan, preference will be given to suitable applicants from designated groups as defined in the Employment Equity Act and subsequent amendments thereto.
• Masters degree in Clinical or Counselling Psychology