Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Framestore in New York are looking for Design or Fine Arts graduates with a passion for concept design and illustration to take part in a 3 month paid internship working in our award winning design team.
The internship will start on 16 May and finish on 12 August 2016. Applications will close on 15 April 2016.
To apply for this internship please put together a cover letter and a portfolio demonstrating your experience in concept design and illustration and showing us your best work.
Candidates will need to have work authorization for the USA and be available to work 40 hours a week. No relocation assistance will be offered.
Please read the description of the role below.
We look forward to seeing your work.
The Concept Artist and Illustration Intern will work with the project Designer or Director to develop concept artwork that fits the overall look and art style for current and upcoming design and commercial projects. They are responsible for providing production artwork including: character designs, environments, props, style frames and typographics.
We are looking for an Intern with a fine arts or graphic design background with a strong traditional art portfolio.
• 2D skills and knowledge of traditional art techniques
• An understanding of anatomy, character design, color theory, perspective, lighting and composition
• The abilty to design a variety of original concepts including: interior and exterior environments and accompanying scene objects
• Be fluent working with digital media (e.g. Photoshop or Painter)
• Be able to quickly render imaginative concepts from verbal and written direction
• An understanding of typography.
• Work well in and communicate ideas within a team environment
• Be a self motivated individual with a strong work ethic
• Cell animation and After FX knowledge a bonus
Sign up and search through 28,600 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: