Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
AOL is a media technology company with a mission to simplify the Internet for consumers and creators by unleashing the world's best builders of culture and code. As the 4th largest online property in the U.S., with more than 200 million monthly consumers of its premium brands, AOL is at the center of disruption of how content is being produced, distributed, consumed and monetized by connecting publishers with advertisers on its global, programmatic content and advertising platforms. AOL's opportunity lies in shaping the future of the digitally connected world for decades to come.
Do you want to positively influence the experience for members who contact AOL? We do too. And we’re looking for people to help us. We need free spirits and straight shooters. Creatives and critics. Nerds with nerve. People who have a passion for customer service and can relate to both sides of the experience.
The Call Center Support team is responsible for developing the tools that our customer service and technical support agents use on a daily basis to support customers. We also create documentation and training to prepare our on and off-shore agents to use these tools.
In this position you will gain practical experience in Instructional Design and Quality Assurance and as you audit and document functionality within Salesforce, the primary tool used by our support agents and develop related training modules. This role is approximately 70% Instructional Design and 30% Quality Assurance and technical documentation.
In addition, this internship will provide exposure to the call center support industry, project management, the software development lifecycle and call center training development and implementation. Below are day to day responsibilities of the position:
• Collaborate with subject matter experts to understand the expected functionality of Salesforce and develop related use cases
• Audit Salesforce functionality against use cases to identify bugs or areas for improvement
• Create detailed documentation of new or modified functionality in Salesforce
• Demonstrate tool functionality to other groups within the organization in person and through video conferencing tools
• Work with Instructional Designers to define & develop help, training and internal communication content
• Recent graduate from an undergraduate or graduate program
• Able to begin employment in February or March 2017 for a period of 6 months full-time
• Course emphasis in any of the following:
◦ Adult Learning / Adult Education
◦ Instructional Design
◦ Project Management
◦ Software Development / Software Engineering
• Experience with any of the following is a plus:
◦ Training development
◦ Project management software, such as Microsoft Project or Jira
◦ Prototyping or wireframing software, such as iRise or Axure
◦ Software development lifecycle
◦ Technical writing
Our ideal candidate:
• Pays attention to detail - As far as you’re concerned, anything worth doing is worth doing right, the first time. Nothing falls through the cracks on your watch!
• Is adaptable and flexible - You think on your feet. When things change, you know how to roll with the punches.
• Communicates well - You write well and can explain things to just about anyone with confidence. You have a knack for summarizing what others say in your own words.
• Does more than “check the box” - You have a passion for learning and go beyond simply checking a task off your “to do” list. You strive to understand WHY you do things in addition to HOW to do them. You’re not afraid to ask questions and seek out answers.
• Is self-directed - You take pride in your work and motivate yourself to get things done. You are passionate about what you do and hungry to learn more. You can take on a project with little direction and run with it, pausing to ask questions as needed for clarification.
• Is Tech Savvy - You like learning new things, especially when it comes to technology, and pick things up quickly. You are comfortable taking risks with new softwares
EEO/AA Women, Minorities, Veterans, Individuals with Disabilities Employer: AOL offers a competitive salary and benefits package, including 401(k) match and performance bonus. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or other protected category.
Sign up and search through 63,083 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: