Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Atlantic Media Strategies is the full-service digital consultancy of Atlantic Media. We launch media brands, create and execute content strategies, redesign websites and advise clients on how to thrive in a constantly evolving digital landscape. We put the savvy of a world-renowned media company to work for our clients.
As a hard-charging team of strategists, editors, writers, designers, developers, and marketers, we help clients build powerful communities and create smart, substantive content, applying the cutting-edge practices of Atlantic Media’s own brands. Our clients include Fortune 500 companies, public policy institutions, fast-growing start-ups and other media brands. We work together to create meaningful journalism and engage influential audiences.
Who the Audience Growth Editor is:
Our expert editorial team is growing. We are looking for an inquisitive, insightful and creative journalist or social media expert who is passionate about audience development. You will craft unique story angles built to travel across the social web. You will advise clients on how best to grow their audiences with work that spans social media, paid promotion, digital analytics, newsletters, content partnerships, PR, events and more. You will serve as a leader in executing these strategies. You will identify the right metrics to measure success and report on progress against these metrics, refining based on lessons learned. You will be a member of the AMS editorial team and collaborate cross-functionally with product, strategy and analytics teams to craft comprehensive audience development strategies.
Qualifications of the ideal candidate:
• Has at least two years of experience as a digital journalist or social media expert;
• Has a deep understanding of how to attract, grow and engage digital audiences including, but not limited to, using social media, paid promotion, search, third-party aggregators, newsletters, and content partnerships
• Has a passion for creating content optimized for different digital media platforms, given their very different creative constraints and opportunities
• Is skilled at imagining and articulating how different social platforms might advance editorial strategies, as well as how to shape the approach to each outlet to take advantage of its strengths
• Has a curiosity discovering new platforms, compelling spins on familiar platforms, and notable developments in social media
• Has an understanding of other distribution strategies including public relations and events
• Is experienced in measuring impact and creating metrics reports (e.g., Chartbeat, Parse.ly, Social Flow, Google Analytics, Adobe Site Catalyst, Comscore, Simply Measured etc.)
• Is experienced crafting editorial strategies informed by data and analytics, using analytical skills to define and achieve success
• Operates independently in a fast-paced environment;
• Has a journalistic sensibility that fits Atlantic Media values: intelligent, fair, accurate, fast, curious, provocative, news-driven.
• Has the poise, grace and communication skills to successfully work with clients
In your cover letter, please tell us what you’d love about this role, how your professional experience reflects the attributes we’re looking for, and why you’re uniquely suited for this opportunity.
Atlantic Media is an EOE of Minorities/Females/Vets/Disability.
Sign up and search through 26,225 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: