Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Blizzard Entertainment is looking for a talented support-minded designer for the Hearthstone team. This position will involve the creative design and technical implementation of cards and missions. The ideal candidate will have a strong aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, outstanding people skills, boundless creativity, a strong visual aesthetic, extensive knowledge of Hearthstone and World of Warcraft, and a strong technical background to help implement designs.
• Deep knowledge of collectible card games (CCG) and Hearthstone specifically.
• Absolute passion for playing and making video games.
• Extensive knowledge of the lore and setting of World of Warcraft.
• Technically proficient and able to learn proprietary scripting tools.
• Able to show you can design fun, simple cards for a CCG or CCG-like game.
• An awesome person who is a lot of fun to work with.
• Experience working in C# and Unity
Required Application Materials
• Cover Letter which should include:
◦ Why you are interested in working at Blizzard
◦ What games you are currently playing
• A single card designed for Hearthstone, accompanied by some rationale for your design decisions.
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Please do not forward unsolicited agency resumes to our website or to any of our employees. We will not pay fees to any third party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
Sign up and search through 33,290 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: