Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Allrecipes.com, the world’s largest digital food brand, receives 750 million annual visits from home cooks around the world who discover and share personal food experiences through recipes, reviews, photos, videos, profiles, and blog posts. Since launching in 1997, the Seattle-based company’s sites, apps and eBooks have served as a dynamic, indispensable resource for cooks of all skill levels seeking trusted recipes, entertaining ideas, everyday and holiday meal solutions and practical cooking tips. Allrecipes’ is a global, multiplatform brand with 17 websites, 9 mobile apps, and 13 eBooks serving cooks in 23 countries and 11 languages.
Allrecipes.com is a collaborative, innovative, data-driven environment where you can quickly see the results of your efforts. This is your chance to be a part of a company leveraging the latest technologies to help people be more successful at cooking their everyday meals. High performance, creative problem solving, and responsibility are not just buzzwords but an integral part of what we do every day. We are laser-focused on designing and building amazing products and always make sure to surround ourselves with talented, smart, compassionate people in a fun, friendly, fast-paced environment.
Allrecipes.com is part of Meredith Corporation (NYSE: MDP; www.meredith.com) the leading media and marketing company serving American women.
An Allrecipes internship is a great opportunity to do real, productive work that matters. There are no "gofers" here. We want hard working people who are ready to work with diverse teams and deliver projects that help support our vision.
As an International Taxonomy Intern, you will assist Lead Editorial Producer(s) in improving the existing taxonomy of selected international site(s) in order to drive customer acquisition through visibility as well as an intuitive user experience that promotes user engagement and retention.
Essential Job Functions
· Assist Lead Editorial Producers of selected countries in performing deep dive analysis of current trends and needs.
· Work with Lead Editorial Producers on finding the metrics to optimize culturally relevant site content and identify content gaps.
· Work with supervisor on assigned projects as needed.
· Communicate projects to assigned team through weekly meetings or 1 on 1’s.
All must be met to be considered.
· Must be a Junior, Senior, or recent graduate (past 6 months) of a 4-year university or a Graduate Student.
· Senior or recent graduate (past 6 months) of a MLIS (Masters in Library Sciences) preferred.
Specific Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
· Must be available for a 10-week internship from June 16 to August 22.
· Must be able to live and work in the Seattle, WA area during your internship.
· Knowledge of Microsoft Excel’s basics is required.
· Knowledge of web analytics tools (such as Google Trends, Google Analytics, Ad words, Omniture...) is a plus.
· Knowledge of SEO best practices is preferred.
· Fluency in multiple languages is a plus but not required.
· Strong organization skills.
· Be able to think strategically and act tactically. Willing to roll up your sleeves and do what needs to be done.
· Uphold and evangelize Allrecipes core culture values and the Allrecipes brand values in everyday responsibilities.
· This is a paid internship, M-F, 40 hrs/week
· Relocation assistance and housing are not provided
Sign up and search through 32,065 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: