Working 40 hours a week can be tough. You spend more time with your coworkers than you do with your own family. When work gets the best of you, there's nothing like blowing off some steam and venting to someone. There's no one that will be there more for you than family.The bond of sisterhood isn’t cliche! For better or worse, nobody knows you on quite the level that your sister does. One of you has known the other for literally their entire life. You may not always get along, or you may be best friends like an ABC sitcom, but there’s definitely a bond that can’t be matched. Here are five of the top reasons your sister just GETS you, man.
- You Don’t Have To Explain How Crazy Your Parents Are – She’s the one person who truly understands. Like, other people have crazy parents, and you can explain to your friends how crazy your parents are until you’re blue in the face, but your sister automatically gets it. You don’t even have to say a word when they’re having a “mom” or “dad” moment. You just shoot each other THAT look, and you know what’s up. You’ve been perfecting that look since you were in car seats, and your parents still have no idea.
- They Call You On Your Shit – They’ve known you since you were knee-high to a snowman, so they know what characteristics are innately you, what habits you’ve grown out of and into, and when you’re full of crap. As aggravating as it can be, you know they’re right. Worst of all, so do they. They have that “I told you so” smirk on their face, and they know that you’re right. But they also will be the first ones their with a shoulder to cry on and a box of Kleenex. Nobody wants to see their sister learn the hard way.
- You Can Just Freak Out Sometimes - ...and you don’t have to justify why. Sometimes, we just have a lot of feelings, okay? Thankfully your sister can decipher between what a temporary flood of emotions is and when something is really up. You just need to let it all out sometimes! And unlike a lot of your friends and your boyfriend, you don’t have to justify why. There’s no need to explain or cry talk around your sister. You can just throw a temper tantrum, exchange a huge hug, eat a bag of Twizzlers, and go to bed.
- You Can Get Through Anything Because You’ve Witnessed Everything – When you have someone in your life whose seen your first knee scrape, was the first person you told about your first kiss, and was there when you graduated college, you kind of know that they’ve got your back through you highs and lows. They’ve been there with you for so many milestones in your life – good, bad, big, small, awkward, terrifying – you name it. When you feel like you can’t handle something, a sister is like a security blanket. Maybe you can’t do it, but the two of you together? Unstoppable!
- She’ll Scare Your Boyfriends Appropriately – I mean they don’t all need to be grilled – or threatened. But they should that there’s someone waiting in the wings to absolutely kick their ass if they hurt you. That’s my flesh and blood you’re messing with. STEP OFF, MAN.