The pair of shoes you wear are an important accessory to any outfit; mainly because we have to wear shoes when we leave the house, but also because they can make or break an outfit. Forget the million design patterns, colors, materials, shapes and jewels on your shoe, the first thing you have to decide in the morning when getting dressed is, flats or heels?
Deciding on whether or not to wear flats or heels can make or break the rest of your day, so to help you hopefully make that decision, here is a quick guide on whether to choose flats or heels.
When to Wear Flats
- Running errands. You can still look cute while you’re out picking up groceries or going to the post office but with all that running around, your feet need a cute pair of flats.
- Lunch breaks at work. Your heels are perfect for sitting at your desk or the occasional meeting but when you want to get moving and grab lunch before your break is over, bring a pair of flats to hit the streets in.
- Shopping. You and your girlfriends need to get new outfits for summer and this could take several hours finding the best price and the right look, so do a favor to your feet and wear flats. Of course keep them cute so they match every outfit you buy.
- When it’s raining. Heels and rain do not mix! Although you hope to not have to be outside when it’s raining, you mostly likely will. So make sure your umbrella matches your shoes because they are a perfect pair.
When to Wear Heels
- In the office. Heels in the office should be 3” or lower. Once you hit that 4” heel you probably forgot to change them from last night. Having a delicate heel in the office flatters your figure without having to have your lady bits popping out everywhere. Plus, they can add to your professional outfit and show you have a fashionable side. Who said you need to dress plain at work?
- Out to dinner or happy hour. If you know you’re meeting a client for drinks or grabbing dinner with friends, make sure to have a nice pair of heels ready. Heels dress up your outfit and get you night time ready in no time!
- Out in the club. After work you go home and get ready to meet your girls for drinks and dancing. Heels are perfect for going out because your legs will look fabulous and eventually they will start hurting your feet just about the time you should probably head on home. Fashions helpful little reminder.
- Daytime parties. Nothing is cuter than a sun dress and wedges on a beautiful sunny day! If you’ve been invited to a daytime party, especially outside in the sun, a cute pair of strappy delicate heels or wood based wedges add an elegance to your outfit and you’ll look amazing.