I am a seasoned, savvy writer/editor/strategist who is passionate about creating compelling, search-optimized content. Using a fresh and clear voice, my work delivers measurable results.
Past content creation and marketing experience includes: original stories, TV and video scripts, social media calendars, newsletters, blogs, team biographies, and product and service descriptions. I pride myself on factual accuracy, attention to grammar and punctuation, and quality assurance. I take creative direction well and work collaboratively to ideate, research, develop, and revise content quickly and correctly.
I work remotely from my dedicated home office on a flexible schedule depending upon the requirements of my assignment or position. My project management processes are reliable; I am accountable and always meet deadlines.
Feedback is incredibly important to me; I listen to constructive criticism with an open mind.
Web Content Writer
MAV Canadian Transport / Los Angeles, CA
- Writing and editing website and newsletter content for a cross-border transportation start-up to generate sales leads and support existing customer base.
- Combining and rearranging messaging from source documents, adapting tone and style to engage market-specific audiences.
- Advising the executive team on how to effectively launch and evolve corporate brand story.
Writer / Editor
- Pitching, writing, assigning, and editing trending story topics and continually looking for ways to push breaking and/or viral stories forward with new angles.
- Deep personal enthusiasm for the hottest takes on parenting, pop culture, celebrity influencers, and politics.
- Acute appreciation of creating relevant and engaging content for audiences spanning iGen, Millennials, and Generation X.
- Demonstrated ability to turn around story ideas rapidly and versatility to explore complex topics in both click-bait and long-form enterprising work.
- Recent samples include:
Video Script Writer
TEKsystems / Walnut Creek, CA
- Wrote the script for an internal promotional video and consulted on production from initial concept development through delivery, including shooting and editing material.
- Collaborated with cross-functional team to strategize and execute based on marketing priorities and voice guidelines.
Web Series Writer
Sony Pictures Television / Culver City, CA
- Staffed by Executive Producer Paul Stupin (Creator, Dawson's Creek) to develop core concept for early web series prototype.
- Scripted the pilot for "Jessie's Diary" and contributed to show operations, revising per casting considerations and physical production constraints.
Writer / Creator
Disney ABC Television Group / Burbank, CA
- Developed, pitched, and executed "Cheer Camp," an original web series and social network targeting a millennial audience to promote Universal's "Bring It On" franchise.
- Worked hand in hand with Network Programming, Promotions and Ad Sales teams to conceptualize and deliver on-air and online integrations.