Senior marketing professional with 15+ years of diverse B2B and B2C experience
Senior marketing professional with 15 years of B2B and B2C experience at leading entertainment companies like ESPN, iHeartMedia, Food Network and Viacom Media Networks, with demonstrated expertise as an innovative problem-solver with a solid history in translating business objectives into brand strategies. Specific skills include Brand Partnerships, Integrated & Affiliate Marketing, Sponsorships & Ad Sales and Data Analysis & Interpretation.
Associate Director, ESPN Radio Marketing Partnerships & Development
Lead development and execution of ESPN Audio marketing strategy for network of +400 stations and digital distribution partners (iTunes, Spotify, iHeartRadio, SiriusXM and TuneIn). Engage affiliates via unique content initiatives to enhance marketing competencies and drive consumption of podcasts and programming.
- Design value-based opportunities that drive audience, revenue and ratings via core brand properties like Mike & Mike/Golic and Wingo, 30 for 30, ESPN Films, Fantasy Football, College Football and the NBA
- Develop audience growth strategy and lead cross-departmental implementation efforts
- Liaison for all affiliate marketing initiatives with focus on driving fan engagement and audience
- Lead 6-person Data & Analytics Task Force to educate producers on interpreting audience analytics
- Placed in Top 8 of 90 pitches for Company-wide Pitch-a-Thon competition with proposal to centralize distribution and tracking of ESPN promotional assets; Received senior management support to pursue
- Expanded departmental inclusion as key content distribution partner for ESPN Plus, ESPN Films, X Games, Top Rank Boxing and Pro-Social initiatives
- Created first-ever Interview Blitz initiative that streamlined +200 talent interviews; 6X than previous process
Associate Director, Marketing Solutions
Led ideation and development of integrated marketing proposals for key accounts including State Farm, Sprint, Walmart, P&G, Anheuser-Busch, MillerCoors, Best Buy and HP.
- Collaborated with National Programming Group, research and sales to develop custom client proposals
- Proactively developed sales collateral and proposals based on target client categories and key demos
- Presented multimillion dollar marketing proposals to key clients and agencies to win/renew client business
- Won Dr Pepper and Pizza Hut new business accounts via creative proposals and unique concepts
- Created wide range of sales collateral that augmented account and agency sales process
Manager, Ad Sales Marketing
Created and pitched organic multiplatform sponsorship opportunities around core programming like Chopped, Restaurant Impossible and Next Iron Chef. Led content creation strategy for key accounts and prospective clients.
- Analyzed and interpreted ad sales revenue to influence Upfront strategy and pricing negotiations
- Capitalized on industry trends to identify new business clients and long-term Food Network partnerships
- Won $12MM in new business accounts with break-through marketing strategies for Carnival Cruises, Disney Films, FedEx, Sysco and Lexus
- Created tracking database to improve account ROI and identify areas of revenue growth potential
Manager, Content Distribution & Partner Marketing,
Viacom/MTV Networks / New York, NY
Led development and execution of marketing and ad sales initiatives to drive tune-in, revenue and network distribution. Strategic lead for 20+ person cross-departmental team to execute first brand marketing campaign for EPIX; netted +520MM impressions. Managed 2 direct reports.
- Structured cross-departmental marketing campaigns to drive ratings and network/brand/show awareness
- Created sales presentations, launch proposals, partnership opportunities and social media campaigns
- Managed $1.4M network budget that over-delivered on media goals and sales commitments
- Oversaw VH1 Save The Music pro-social initiatives to drive donations and program support
- Ranked #1 in 2010 for delivering highest brand media-value of $29M (50% YOY increase)
- Regularly exceeded media goals from 2009-2011 (+13%, +25% and +52%, respectively)
- Awarded 2011 CTAM Gold Mark Award (TV Land)
- Awarded 2008 CTAM Silver Mark Award (VH1)
International Marketing Programs Specialist
Subway / Milford, CT
Provided analysis and tested solutions to business issues and opportunities to counter profitability challenges across Latin America and Asia as part of Company’s Global Strategic Plan. Developed franchise and regional local marketing plans to increase profitability and sales. Managed 1 direct report.
- Analyzed regional and franchisee sales to develop actionable plans to increase profitability
- Chaired 6-person International Marketing Task Force to provide solutions for profitability challenges
- Achieved average same-store sales increase of +12% via custom marketing plans
- Designed two custom platforms (Profitability Calculator and Interactive Marketing Curriculum) used to educate +1,000 global franchisees/year
MBA (candidate) / Marketing, International Business
Fordham University (Pursued MBA, Double Major): International Business & Marketing
University of Connecticut
B.A / Promotional Strategies , Communications
University of Connecticut (B.A., Double Major): Promotional Strategies & Communications