Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Company (“MS”) is a global financial services firm that conducts its business through three principal business segments—Institutional Securities, Wealth Management, and Asset Management. Wealth Management provides comprehensive financial advice and services to its clients including brokerage, investment advisory, financial and wealth planning, credit & lending, deposits & cash management, annuities, insurance, retirement and trust services.
Wealth Management Risk functions as an in-business risk unit to provide risk assessment and risk management for investment options offered within Wealth Management. WM Portfolio Risk, within WM Risk, oversees investment risks arising from Wealth Management's various brokerage and advisory activities. Advisory includes asset management activities in Financial Advisor, Firm-affiliated, and Client discretionary programs. The Portfolio Risk team is a data-driven group that uses analytical methods to assess risks in client portfolios and to design supervision controls. The team is seeking an experienced analyst who will support various aspects of day-to-day reporting, ad hoc analyses and strategic projects through data processing and numerical methods. In addition to working with WM Risk, the analyst will also collaborate with the Business, IT, Legal and Compliance, and Field Management.
The analyst will be responsible for collecting, processing, and analyzing data from various sources. The successful analyst will be expected to work independently as well as part of a team to execute the full cycle of quantitative analysis. This includes sourcing raw data, transforming data as necessary and using data to draw sound conclusions or help drive policy. This role requires familiarity with datasets larger than four million records and to build automated and scalable tools for reporting and analysis. The analyst will need to take initiative and responsibility to drive tasks forward. In addition to data management, the ability to reach conclusions quickly and consistently will be critical to being successful in this role.
Qualifications and Experience
• Strong knowledge of ANSI SQL. SQL is a job requirement.
• Knowledge of R and Python is a plus.
• Experience visualizing data for reporting and end user analysis, using tools like Tableau
• Practical experience with applying statistical models to solve business problems
• At least a working knowledge of financial risk management concepts, with a desire to quickly acquire deeper proficiency
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, and comfortable interfacing with senior personnel on highly sensitive issues
• Team player with a strong work ethic and high level of maturity
• Bachelor's degree plus 2+ years of relevant work experience
• CFA or FRM or progress towards one of the two a plus
Sign up and search through 66,791 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: