POSITION SUMMARY:Responsible for all shipping related functions to include helping manage the Distribution Center loading crews. Works with the lead person and supervisor to assure timely and accurate loading of outbound product as well as timely unloading of inbound product. Helps monitor reports to be sure that product needed is here or notify the proper person if product is not here.
1. Manage the paper flow at the shipping window to include checking the orders before signing the bill of ladings. Manage customer service needs and correspondence that apply to the loads. Run pick slips and organize paperwork for the next shift for a smooth transition between shifts. Manage dock doors to utilize locations for loading and reduce idle time.
2. Responsible for the bill of ladings, pick slips, potential out-of-stock, inventory and all other reports necessary for the proper operation of the shipping office. Have a working knowledge of the reports to help respond to product needs. Check pick slips for current product location.
3. Work with the Transportation group and Supervisor to make sure the complete office operates as efficiently as possible.
4. Responsible for assisting Supervisor with daily operation of the warehouse systems; damage reduction tracking, as well as special projects. Keep Supervisor informed of all irregularities, issues or problems encountered.
5. Work with the lead person to keep the loading crews productive. Will coordinate with the lead person in keeping track of product to be brought over from BDC, to keep the main warehouse full, to reduce the shuttle activity from BDC.
6. Manage the work for forklift drivers and keep them productive; as well as, directing the lead person and shag driver. Make necessary maintenance and outside calls, when needed. Keep line pullers busy and monitor easy loads that they can load. Capture loads loaded off line.
7. Coordinate and manage the daily dock schedule on the PC and complete any other documents as required. Record all pallet totals in and out of the warehouse. Make special notations on loads as needed.
8. Complies with all Nestle and plant-specific policies.
9. Performs all job duties in a safe manner, while performing in a team environment and abiding by all safety rules and policies. Participate in and support the Behavior-Based Safety process.
10. Be fully involved and actively participate in Nestle Purina Programs and Initiatives.
These include but are not limited to MQS, QMS, ROME, NCE, Shift Handover, Globe,
BASIC QUALIFICATIONS (Minimum):
Education: High school diploma or equivalent
Experience (Years/Type): Three to five years previous work experience. Preferably Clerical/Administrative
Skills: Must be capable of effective oral and written communication. Must also be capable of utilizing computer systems in support of distribution operations. Excellent interpersonal skills is required.