Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
VP Business Program Manager
This Program Manager role reports to Director, BBDE Governance within the Barclays Bank Delaware (BBDE) Governance team. This role leads a small team that provides project management and governance support for BBDE business and regulatory initiatives with cross-functional, and often, cross-entity impacts. This role is responsible for leading and overseeing project / change management initiatives, serving in a relationship management capacity, and providing oversight of programs, project and post-project initiatives.
The team is responsible for leading and overseeing projects / program initiatives across the full project lifecycle. Projects will be primarily business projects working with multiple areas of the organization (e.g. Front Office, Finance, Technology, Treasury, Legal, Compliance, etc.) and with colleagues in various geographic locations.
What you’ll be doing?
· Delivery of projects on-time, within budget and with quality
· Actively oversee project timelines and ensure proper representation and coordination of activities across stakeholders
· Act as the ‘honest broker’ in resolving conflict, navigating barriers and political sensitivities
· Identifying and escalating issues that may arise during the various stages of delivery, as appropriate
· Create and maintain project documentation and communication materials for all levels of stakeholders
· Actively assess and manage risk; remove / reduce barriers towards realizing project goals, ensuring mitigating actions are identified & managed
· Status reporting: Providing consistent visibility into milestone progress, and status of any risks and issues
· Act as empowered delegate for the Director, BBDE Governance, as required.
What we’re looking for:
· 4-year college degree;
· 10+ years of project management experience, preferably in Financial Services, with comprehensive knowledge of a project management methodology and associated best practices
Skills that will help you in the role:
· Project Management accreditation; advanced degree a plus
· Highly organized and structured with an ability to thrive in a complex, autonomous environment; attentive to detail, but can operate both tactically and strategically while prioritizing competing demands
· Able to deal with ambiguity and synthesize information clearly and concisely; superior communicator skilled in various communication tools/mediums with technical proficiency in Word, PowerPoint, Project, Excel, etc.
· Can deliver as an individual contributor and influencer without direct ownership of resources, and can skillfully negotiate outcomes by challenging opinions with respect, confidence and professionalism
· Experience leading and developing direct reports
· Maintains a proactive, intellectual curiosity and is willing to “roll up sleeves” and dive into complex problems to identify solutions
· Well-rounded, with project experience spanning various departments/divisions, including technology; experience with all aspects of requirements management, including elicitation/gathering
· Knowledge of the card and payments industries
· Ability to deal with high levels of ambiguity and simplify outputs and recommendations in a complex environment
· Is decisive, clear and capable of acting at speed and has energy, enthusiasm and resilience to maintain progress against significant challenges
Where will you be working?
Barclays' Wilmington campus includes two beautiful buildings located along the historic Wilmington Riverfront. A glance out our windows reveal a scenic look at the Christina River, along with a growing riverfront community of luxury apartments, shops, and restaurants. Additionally, the Wilmington train station is a short walk away making travel from New York and Washington, DC convenient.
Interested and want to know more about Barclays? Visit Company websiteys/who-we-are/ for more details.
Everything we do is shaped by the five values of Respect, Integrity, Service, Excellence and Stewardship. Our values inform the foundations of our relationships with customers and clients, but they also shape how we measure and reward the performance of our colleagues. Simply put, success is not just about what you achieve, but about how you achieve it.
We aim to foster a culture where individuals of all backgrounds feel confident in bringing their whole selves to work, feel included and their talents are nurtured, empowering them to contribute fully to our vision and goals. It is the policy of Barclays to ensure equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by law.
Our customers are unique. The same goes for our colleagues. That's why at Barclays we offer a range of benefits, allowing every colleague to choose the best options for their personal circumstances. These include a competitive salary and pension, health care and all the tools, technology and support to help you become the very best you can be. We are proud of our dynamic working options for colleagues. If you have a need for flexibility, then please discuss this with us.
Sign up and search through 44,267 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: