Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Vans: Be a Part of the Original
“It was never about waving the brand like a flag, it was always about the people” – Paul Van Doren
Vans is the original action sports footwear company, rooted in authenticity and creativity. Founded in 1966, Vans has thrived on a legacy of impacting our greater community through four pillars: action sports, music, art and street culture. We are constantly inspired by the expressive creators within our company and community as they bring new and innovative perspectives to help shape and transform the future of our business.
At Vans, our culture sets us apart and influences everything we do. We are driven by five values:
1. We are determined.
2. We are connected to our consumers and to each other.
Company website are inclusive.
4. We are expressive and fun.
5. And most of all, we are a family.
Vans is a subsidiary of VF, one of the world’s largest apparel and footwear companies with socially and environmentally responsible operations spanning numerous geographies, product categories and distribution channels. As we continue to expand, VF and Vans take great measures in developing and growing our people.
Vans is founded on a culture of learning. We take pride in our ability to facilitate learning opportunities by providing the resources and tools necessary to support each individual’s pursuit of growth to achieve future goals driven by our brand purpose.
Our purpose to enable creative expression and inspire youth culture is fostered through inclusivity. We welcome anyone and everyone into our global family and proudly celebrate an environment where individuality is embraced, equal opportunities thrive, and everyone is empowered to reach their greatest potential.
By joining the Vans family, you will be immersed in an environment of incredibly supportive and collaborative people. We work very hard across a multitude of large initiatives to bring the Van Doren spirit to life. We live for what we do.
Senior Manager, Corporate Social Responsibility: Become the Newest Member of the Vans Family
Our purpose is to enable creative self-expression to youth culture through action sports, music, art and street culture. In this role you will have the special and unique responsibility to manage purpose-led activations, that align with our key pillars, in regards to various company, non-profit and third party events. As our Co-Founder, Paul Van Doren said in the very beginning, “We’re a people company who makes shoes.” We’ve been giving back, putting people above profits and fostering an inclusive culture since day one and will look to you to enhance and evolve social responsibility to meet the expectations of our consumers.
You will be successful through collaborating with executives to meet social responsibility goals and track key performance indicators while setting forth the long-term strategy in alignment with our purpose and positioning. The cross-functional task force you lead will ensure key stakeholders are included in decision making to achieve company goals and your thoughtfully created programs. You are strategic, forward thinking, are humble and hungry and Give a Sh*t about all of youth culture.
How You Will Make a Difference:
1. You will establish the short and long-term strategic roadmap and coordinating KPIs for Social Responsibility
2. You will build the business case to influence strategic and investment decisions, including the impacts expected and resources required
3. Evaluate opportunities and support decision making based on social responsibility goals as well as financial, brand, sustainability and PR goals
4. Manage and track progress against SR goals and key business metrics
5. You will have the opportunity to manage and enhance new and existing purpose-related activations including employee volunteer events, giving efforts and Checkerboard Day
6. As the leader of Social Responsibility for Vans, you will work collaboratively to partner with the leader of Sustainability, align with Brand Communications as well as build knowledge and alignment across functions and with VF
7. Your diverse experiences and background enable you to provide a unique perspective to fuel our global growth. Additionally, you are inclusive and value differing points of view.
Skills for Success:
Years of Related Professional Experience: 8+ years
Educational/ Position Requirements:
A Bachelor’s degree in Social Responsibility, Social Science, Business or related field and a minimum of 5 years general management experience in the CSR field or an equivalent combination of experience and training that provides the required knowledge, skills and abilities.
Experience working in the CSR field
Management consulting and/or retail background a plus but not required
Master’s Degree Preferred
Deep knowledge of CSR industry leading best practices and innovations
Comfort with ambiguous, unique and complex problem solving that have broad impact on the business
Ability to work in a team and fast paced environment.
Proven track record of implementing and driving key performance indicators in SR programs
Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills required
Diligence, passion and efficiency
This position requires a results-oriented individual who has exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, excellent communication and grammatical skills, planning, and skills.
Special Physical and/or Mental Requirements:
Travel by air and overnight, as required 10% amount of time.
Willing and able to work additional hours when needed.
Bend, lift, open and move product and related office items varying in weight from 1 to 25 1bs, depending on need
Sign up and search through 39,412 curated jobs in the Fashion Edition: