Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Build the future!
Are you ready to influence the development of cutting edge digital learning products by conducting user research with educators and learners? Come join our user research team! Learn, grow, and thrive on a team who uses innovative research methods to drive programs that deliver deep customer insights for McGraw Hill learning products.
How can you make an Impact?
As aUX Researcher, you make an impact by identifying and communicating what users need from McGraw Hill products. You will collaborate with teams of Designers, Product Managers, and Developers to improve our digital products by planning user research activities and exploring the behaviors and motivations of our users.
You will present your research findings, insights, and recommendations to leadership to influence product improvements. Impact the lives of learners and educators by helping us create effective, efficient, engaging, and intuitive learning experiences.
What can you expect from the position?
Conduct usability tests, contextual inquiries, focus groups, surveys and other qualitative and quantitative user research studies to gain a better understanding of our users and identify opportunities to improve the user experience. Deliver results by predetermined deadlines within the scope of the project.
· Learn to lead all user research planning activities for assigned projects, including developing screeners, recruiting qualified participants, translating research goals into research questions and an appropriate test plan, and communicating with stakeholders.
· Identify, synthesize, and translate findings into insights and communicate recommendations to leadership to influence product improvements.
· Build and maintain product and persona knowledge of McGraw Hill’s customers in order to conduct more thorough user research, including staying up to date on user research activities across the organization.
· Contribute to the continuous improvement of user research processes and best practices. Actively participate in team discussions and fulfill commitments that contribute to the team’s overall success. Promote best practices to ensure we are collecting high quality results across the organization.
What can you bring to the role?
· Bachelor’s degree required (preferred branches of psychology, anthropology, human factors, human computer interaction, or related field).
· 1-2 years of experience performing user research activities, including: planning research, recruiting participants, moderating, synthesizing research results, creating reports, and presenting results.
· Knowledge of qualitative and quantitative research methodologies, including: usability testing, contextual inquiries, card sorts, journey maps, surveys, persona development, task analysis, etc.
· Understanding of the strengths and shortcomings of different research methods, including when and how to apply the methods in order to provide the strongest insights for a given project.
· Experience working collaboratively and effectively with others.
· Familiarity with following research tools or comparable tools: Qualtrics, Microsoft Excel, Morae, Company website, User Zoom, and WebEx.
· Strong verbal and written communications skills coupled with high attention to detail.
Join our Irvine, CA office:
The Irvine office is a creative and enriching environment with benefits like a fitness center, yoga classes, free coffee and snacks, a cafeteria, a game room, and a relaxing outdoor courtyard. The office is conveniently located near the Irvine Spectrum, a large shopping and dining center.
Join a team of those who want to make a difference in education, are intellectually curious and have integrity! We can offer a means for you to achieve the goals you want to accomplish in your career. Please apply – right now – we can’t wait to meet you!
As an education innovation company, we're proud to play our part by inspiring learners around the world. If you bring your curiosity, we'll help you grow in a collaborative environment where everyone shares a passion for success.
Are you ready for a new challenge? Apply for a career at McGraw-Hill and together, we'll impact the world.
Sign up and search through 21,007 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: