VelvetJobs relies on external sources for the accuracy of the job postings. Sometime jobs expire without us knowing about it. If the job posting happens to be expired, please alert us. Thank you!
Immediate Job Opportunity
How can you help us shape the future? We're looking for dedicated people with the skills and vision to build a better tomorrow. Join our team as a Field Service Technician 1 (“Tech 1”) where in
this hands-on role, you will be responsible for the environmentally safe performance of field service projects, with direct supervision. you will execute technical field assignments involving the assembly, installation, modification, test, inspection, service and/or repair of distribution and power transformers. You will also recommend measures to improve field service operations, customer service assigned other work, individually, or as part of a larger electrical substation / power plant project.
You will report directly to National Resource Manager (*NRM-) and performs work under the supervisory direction of the Crew Leader. Effective communication with both, NRM and Crew Leader, is required throughout active projects and when awaiting assignment and/or stand-by time.
This position often requires extensive travel and non-standard schedules at field locations with exposure to varying environmental conditions. If selected for this position you will be required to join the local bargaining union.
Your duties and responsibilities in this role include:
◦ Perform semi- complex transformer field service operations that require above average technical skills.
◦ Troubleshoot and repair transformer equipment, applying own knowledge and experience to resolve problems. Recommend changes or modified procedures to improve performance and customer satisfaction.
◦ Communicate clearly and professionally, (written and/or verbal), regarding project scope, safety reviews (i.e. tailgate meetings), security or environmental incidents, safety violations or near misses.
◦ Guide less experienced technicians, instructing them in proper & safe operation of equipment.
◦ Assist Crew Leader with field service team project set-up, resource requirements; including own lodging, travel and other transportation,
◦ Responsible for completing time & expense and field service job reports, using on-line/administrative tools or software.
◦ Perform tasks associated with regasketing of transformers, assist in cutting new gaskets/O-rings as needed
◦ Perform repairs and maintenance on oil processing equipment daily/ weekly /monthly or annual basis, per maintenance schedule, or as assigned.
◦ Maintain safe operating condition of vehicles, tools and equipment, including conducting detailed inventories and inspections to determine maintenance and repairs. Perform repairs and maintenance of processing equipment daily/ weekly /monthly or annual basis, per maintenance schedule, or as assigned.
◦ Follow and/or enforce Company Environmental Health & Safety policies
◦ Perform duties in accordance with customer, industry and corporate laws, regulations and standards
◦ Perform receipt inspections unassisted by others
◦ Perform additional duties as assigned by NRM and/or Crew Leader
What skills and tools will you need?
Entry level supervisory skills required to coordinate work priorities of less senior assigned field personnel, (crew members and subcontractors) in addition to promoting a healthy, safe and environment-friendly workplace.
Demonstrated ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities.
Requires ability to select most effective approaches and adapt standard practices and procedures to resolve semi-complex technical problems.
Use electro-mechanical skills in the safe and correct assembly, maintenance of power and distribution transformers and transformer accessories. Ability to interpret the scope of work, assembly, maintenance and service instruction.
Perform the correct operation of transformer oil processing, including vacuum, oil filling, circulating and draining oil-filled transformers. Complete documentation of the process under the direct supervision and instruction of Crew Leader or senior crew members.
Operate oil processing equipment unassisted by others
Perform receipt inspections including testing and reporting unassisted by others
Perform required maintenance on oil processing equipment and generators unassisted by others
Perform basic rigging duties
Pull quality oil samples & fill out associated paperwork
Competency in crane signaling and spotting
Provide support to assigned tester with industry standard testing of power and distribution transformers and transformer accessories.
Must have good commercial and industrial electrical wiring and troubleshooting skills
Basic competency with PC skills, including email, internet, data entry into on-line tools, MS Word and Windows based software
Maintaining Class A CDL requirements as described in contract section 9.09 article c) qualifies for a yearly bonus.
What do you need to qualify for this position?
High School diploma, GED or technical vocational or apprenticeship training, combined with prior field service or equivalent related experience
Must have a minimum of 18 months experience in technical assembly, maintenance and repair of power and distribution transformers / transformer accessories in utility/energy electrical industry
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States and will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment.
Very good level skill in one or more of: Distribution, Power and Transmission electrical substation equipment in power ranges of Low Voltage (4160V - 13kV), Medium Voltage (13kV - 69kV) or High Voltage (69kV - 800 kV
Requires good communications skills and ability to follow verbal/written instruction.
Good time management skills
Must be a team player with a positive attitude
EH&S/OSHA training required / will be provided
Must perform proficiently at tech assistant level
Qualified applicants must be legally authorized for employment in the United States. Qualified applicants will not require employer sponsored work authorization now or in the future for employment in the United States.
Company Energy (SE)is a global pacesetter in energy, helping customers to meet the evolving demands of today’s industries and societies. SE comprises broad competencies across the entire energy value chain and offers a uniquely comprehensive portfolio for utilities, independent power producers, transmission system operators and the oil and gas industry. Products, solutions and services address the extraction, processing and the transport of oil and gas as well as power generation in central and distributed thermal power plants and power transmission in grids. With global headquarters in Houston in the U.S. and more than 64,000 employees in over 80 countries, Company Energy has a presence across the globe and is a leading innovator for the energy systems of today and tomorrow, as it has been for more than 150 years.
Organization: Company Energy
Company: Company Energy, Inc.
Experience Level: Early Professional
Job Type: Full-time
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Company is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, creed, religion, national origin, citizenship status, ancestry, sex, age, physical or mental disability unrelated to ability, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender expression, gender identity, transgender, sex stereotyping, order of protection status, protected veteran or military status, or an unfavorable discharge from military service, and other categories protected by federal, state or local law.
EEO is the Law
Applicants and employees are protected under Federal law from discrimination. To learn more, Click here.
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination Provision
Company follows Executive Order 11246, including the Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision. To learn more, Click here.
California Privacy Notice
California residents have the right to receive additional notices about their personal information. To learn more, click here.
Sign up and search through 30,600 curated jobs in the Industrials Edition: