Reporting to the Office Manager, process incoming titles ensuring transferability to buyer in an efficient and accurate manner. Perform all duties assigned by the Office Manager. Must know, practice and ensure that company policies and procedures and state or federal laws are followed at all times. This position will be 1-2 days a week (Tuesday and one additional day).
Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Provide prompt and courteous service:
A. Demonstrate friendliness and greet every customer as they enter and participate at the sale.
B. Maintain a professional appearance and work area consistent with the Handbook.
2. Make sure customers receive prompt, efficient and courteous attention for all contacts and transactions.
3. Be familiar with procedures for handling all aspects of customer complaints or disputes.
4. Resolve any customer complaints in a friendly, courteous manner. Advise the Office Manager of all serious complaints or incidences.
5. Verify accurate title VIN number, odometer reading, release of liens, “free and clear” title and that titles contain no alteration. Check vehicle titles for accuracy. Ensure that titles are delivered to purchasing dealer.
6. Maintain a knowledge of DMV laws and regulations as relate to vehicle titles.
7. Practice and promote teamwork at all times. Set a good personal example of attitude and performance.
8. Recommend new customer services and procedures to the Office Manager.
9. Maintain all working area conditions and equipment to ensure they are within corporate standards for cleanliness, proper maintenance and safety. Advise the Office Manager and Facilities of all breakdowns and maintenance needs immediately.
10. Make sure all area conditions do not threaten employee or customer safety. Respond to and follow proper procedures on employee and customer accidents, injuries, and loss or damage to any property. Report all incidents immediately.
Educational Requirements and Qualifications:
High School Diploma or GED preferred. One (1) year title experience at a car dealership or auction preferred.