Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Company VUE (Company website) has been a pioneer in the computer-based testing industry for decades, delivering more than 15 million certification and licensure exams annually in every industry from academia and admissions to IT and healthcare. We are the global leaders in developing and delivering high-stakes exams via the world's most comprehensive network of nearly 20,000 Test Centers in 180 countries. Our leadership in the assessment industry is a result of our collaborative partnerships with a broad range of clients, from leading technology firms to government
and regulatory agencies.
Company VUE is featured on The Forbes list of Best Employers and The Stonewall Top 100 Employers list, and we are recognized in the Best Employers for Diversity 2019 awards. Company VUE is a business of Company, the world's leading learning company with global-reach and market-leading businesses and listed on both the London and New York Stock Exchanges (UK: PSON; NYSE: PSO).
Expand your career at Company VUE in our entry level Test Center Manager position for our Norwalk, CT location. You will utilize your communication and customer skills with external customers while also working to select new Test Administrators, provide job coaching, and fair performance appraisals to current employees.
Your Health, Safety & Wellbeing during COVID-19
As a responsible employer, at Company VUE we take the health, safety and wellbeing of our colleagues and test-taking candidates very seriously. At our company-owned test centers, we are following recommendations from the CDC and the World Health Organization for preventing the spread of COVID-19 and protecting test candidates and our staff. Per the recommendations from global health organizations, we are implementing a strict cleaning regimen which includes providing hand sanitizer to test-taking candidates upon entering the test center and sanitizing the surface and equipment of each workstation after the end of every appointment. Any equipment used during the check-in process is also sanitized after every use. We are also implementing social distancing guidelines, which suggest 6 feet of space between individuals. Test centers may need to limit workstation availability to ensure that a safe distance can be maintained between candidates. We will continue to:
· Make hand sanitizer available in the waiting area and prior to entering the testing room.
· Increase our cleaning and disinfecting regimens in between all testing appointments.
· Provide tissues to candidates upon arrival and permit candidates to wear a mask or disposable gloves if they choose.
· Remind candidates to wash their hands or utilize hand sanitizer upon arrival at the test center.
Our ideal candidate demonstrates flexibility and teamwork.
This position is benefit eligible.
Ability to work 35-40 hours per week with an expectation to work more hours as needed.
Employees must be available to work various shifts between the hours of 7am - 10pm various shifts as scheduled, any day Monday through Friday.
Ability to work approximately 2-3 Saturdays per month from 7am to 10pm.
Available to address operational problems when not at test center.
60% of daily tasks are Test Administrator responsibilities:
Performs on-time site opening and closing procedures.
Understands all testing procedures.
Checks in examinees, verifies identification, and explains the exam process.
Monitors examinees while testing.
Maintains a secure testing environment.
Communicates with internal technical support to investigate and fix technical issues.
Strictly adheres to company policies using careful judgment.
Responsible for maintaining a professional and clean testing center with light housekeeping duties.
Arrive on time for all scheduled shifts.
Other duties as assigned.
40% of daily tasks are Test Center Manager responsibilities:
The Test Center Manager is the onsite manager of a small team of Test Administrator employees.
Site staffing/hiring/retention/conflict resolution/scheduling.
Trains, develops and coaches staff.
First contact for facility issues.
Ability to multi-task.
· Minimum of 1-year customer service experience preferred.
· One-year supervision experience in customer service preferred.
· High school diploma or equivalent is required.
· Bachelor's degree or equivalent business experience preferred.
· Team leading and training skills, and exposure to a testing environment are strongly preferred.
· Strong communication and customer service skills are a must, delivered with focused attentiveness and moderate interaction.
· Must be flexible in work hours and days.
· Ability to complete all tasks in a timely and efficient manner, and handle a reasonable amount of stress.
· Intermediate experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Windows applications, Internet, and email.
· Ability to operate a computer, fax, and telephone.
· Must be able to work in a quiet, focused environment and hear spoken words in soft voices.
· Ability to lift up to 20 lbs on occasion.
· Must have the ability to stand for extended periods of time while escorting candidates back and forth, up to 50-100 times per scheduled shift, to and from the testing room.
· Must have the ability to sit for long periods of time.
· Must be able to bend, stoop & lift from a stooped position.
· Must be able to see small details at a distance.
· Ability to see names clearly on id cards and the computer screen.
Sign up and search through 13,710 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: