Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Teacher - Elementary - 2ND GRADE
Guides the learning process toward the achievement of curriculum goals and in harmony with the goals, establishes clear objectives for all lessons, units, projects and the like to communicate these objectives to students. Employs a variety of instructional techniques and instructional media, consistent with the physical limitations of the location provided and the needs and capabilities of the individuals or student groups involved. Strives to implement, by instruction and action, the District's philosophy of education and instructional goals and objectives.
1. Meets and instructs assigned classes in the locations and at times designated.
2. Plans a program of study that, as much as possible, meets with the individual needs, interests, and abilities of the students. Prepares for assigned classes, and shows written evidence of preparation upon request of immediate superior.
3. Creates a classroom environment that is conducive to learning and appropriate to the maturity and interests of the students.
4. Supervises students in order to protect the students from conditions harmful to learning and/or to the student's mental and/or physical health and/or safety. Takes all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
5. Assesses the accomplishments of students on a regular basis and provides progress reports as required. Maintains accurate, complete, and correct records as required by law, District policy, and administrative regulation.
6. Diagnoses the learning disabilities of students on a regular basis, seeking the assistance of District specialists as required.
7. Assists the administration in implementing all policies and/or rules governing student life and conduct and, for the classroom, develops reasonable rules of classroom behavior and procedure, and maintains order in the classroom in a fair and just manner. Encourages students to set and maintain standards of classroom behavior.
8. Makes provision for being available to students and parents for education related purposes outside the instructional day when required or requested to do so under reasonable terms.
9. Plans and supervises purposeful assignments for teacher aide(s) and/or volunteer(s) and, cooperatively with department heads, evaluates their job performance.
10. Attends staff meetings and serves on staff committees as required.
11. Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university.
Certifications & Licenses: Must be eligible for Florida Department of Education Certification in appropriate subject area.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
Knowledge of subject content
Strong oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Strong time management skills
Strong organizational skills
Strong word processing, spreadsheet, database, and presentation software skills
Ability to plan and implement a program of study that meets the individual needs, interests, and abilities of students
Ability to devote additional hours beyond the workday for grading papers, preparation of lesson plans, etc.
Ability to manage students
Ability to manage multiple tasks
Sign up and search through 86,748 curated jobs in the Education Edition: