Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Provide students with appropriate learning activities and experiences designed to help them fulfill their potential for intellectual, emotional, physical, and social growth. Enable students to develop competencies and skills to function successfully in society.
Bachelor's degree from accredited university
Valid Texas teaching certificate with required endorsements for subject and level assigned
Knowledge of subjects assigned
General knowledge of curriculum and instruction
Ability to instruct students and manage their behavior
Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills
At least one year of student teaching or approved internship
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
1. Develop and implement lesson plans that fulfill the requirements of district’s curriculum program and show written evidence of preparation as required.
2. Prepare lessons that reflect accommodations for differences in student learning styles.
3. Present subject matter according to guidelines established by Texas Education Agency, board policies, and administrative regulations.
4. Plan and use appropriate instructional and learning strategies, activities, materials, and equipment that reflect understanding of the learning styles and needs of students assigned.
5. Conduct assessment of student learning styles and use results to plan instructional activities
6. Work cooperatively with special education teachers to modify curriculum as needed for special education students according to guidelines established in Individual Education Plans (IEP).
7. Work with other members of staff to determine instructional goals, objectives, and methods according to district requirements.
8. Plan and supervise assignments of teacher aides(s) and volunteer(s).
9. Use technology to strengthen the teaching/learning process.
10. Help students analyze and improve study methods and habits.
11. Conduct ongoing assessment of student achievement through formal and informal testing.
12. Assume responsibility for extracurricular activities as assigned. Sponsor outside activities approved by the campus principal.
13. Be a positive role model for students, support mission of school district.
14. Create classroom environment conducive to learning and appropriate for the physical, social and emotional development of students.
15. Manage student behavior in accordance with Student Code of Conduct and student handbook.
16. Take all necessary and reasonable precautions to protect students, equipment, materials, and facilities.
17. Assist in selection of books, equipment, and other instructional materials
18. Establish and maintain open communication by conducting conferences with parents, students, principals, and teachers.
19. Maintain a professional relationship with colleagues, students, parents, and community members.
20. Use effective communication skills to present information accurately and clearly.
21. Participate in staff development activities to improve job-related skills.
22. Keep informed of and comply with state, district, and school regulations and policies for classroom teachers.
23. Compile, maintain, and file all reports, records, and other documents required.
24. Attend and participate in faculty meetings and serve on staff committees as required.
25. Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal); maintain emotional control under stress; interpret policy, procedures, and data; coordinate district functions
Physical Demands/Environmental Factors:
Frequent standing, stooping, bending pulling and pushing; move and carry small stacks of textbooks, media equipment, desks, and other classroom equipment; occasional lifting of 35 lbs. or more.
Sign up and search through 50,382 curated jobs in the Education Edition: