Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
talech Inc, headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, and owned by US Bank, is a leading tablet-based mPOS (mobile point of sale) solution provider. Our software brings the power of data to small and medium-sized businesses in the form of intuitive and intelligent software. The talech mPOS solution allows small and medium-sized businesses to simplify operations, gain key insights from their data and make better decisions every day.
We’re looking for a Head of Chief Customer Officer (CCO) to lead our Customer Success (CS) team. The CS team will be responsible for all post-sales activities: initial deployment, customer onboarding, ongoing technical and application support, customer and partner training, upgrades and updates of hardware and software solutions, customer management, user adoption, contract renewal and program expansion.
The CCO will be responsible for:
● Developing a strategic and operating plan for the customer success team
● Defining, measuring and reporting on KPIs
● Hiring, managing, coaching and mentoring team members to help them achieve the company goals as well as develop their professional skill and achieve their career objectives.
● Evolving the CS organization to support the business objectives
● Selecting and deploying the appropriate tools to improve results for both our
customers and the business and to enable scale
● Developing cohesive strategies for customer deployment, support, retention and expansion
● Partnering with cross-functional teams to prioritize and implement strategies
across the customer lifecycle based on customer segmentation and the customer journey
● Inspiring and creating a company-wide customer success culture - with a
particular emphasis on partnering closely with Sales and Product - to achieve
● Establishing clear mechanisms for engaging customer feedback (i.e. Voice of the Customer)
● Coordinating the integration of all customer-facing processes with other teams at Company
On an ongoing basis, the responsibility of the CCO spans the full life cycle of customers and include:
● Initial Deployment: ensure successful deployments of the solutions acquired by our customers. Successful deployments to be measured by On-Time, On-Budget and On-Quality metrics.
● Ongoing Successful Operations: ensure smooth operations of the solutions by
providing effective and efficient technical and application support services.
Successful ongoing operations will be measured by Adherence to SLA for
response and resolution times of support cases, CSAT and efficient handling by
● Ongoing Customer Value: ensure customers maximize value from our solution by understanding usage trends, effective training and knowledge transfer to
customers, continuous communications and advice on effective usage. Customer value to be measured by usage and by feedback from customers (mainly through NPS, but also other metrics).
● Program Expansion: ensure customers expand the use of our solutions along
their operations and consequently the value to both them and us. Program
expansion will be measured by the growth of the footprint of our solutions (# of
contacts, amount of usage, # of solutions sold/enabled), Gross and Net Renewal ($ and %).
Professional Qualifications of a Strong Candidate:
● 10+ years of Executive Management experience.
● 15+ years of management experience in Customer Success
● Proven thought-leadership in Customer Success
● Strategic thinking with ability to see financial implications at scale
● Experience in B2B SaaS companies
● Proven experience of building teams from scratch and scaling
● Experience operating in small, fast growth startups as well as at large
● Proven result orientation: track record of success in driving superior business
● Experience working in a startup that was acquired by a large corporation and
driving integration is a HUGE plus
● Experience with Retail and or Financial services is a plus
● International experience is a plus
Personal Attributes and Values of a Strong Candidate:
● Passionate about customer success: Get energized by customer interaction and obsessed with driving customers success, satisfaction and advocacy.
● An analytical mind: Breaks problems down to components, analyzes them with bias towards drilling through key metrics and performance drivers to identify
patterns, and discern opportunities and risks. Process minded person who strives on operationalizing systems and processes.
● Focused: Can prioritize well.
● Strong Communicator: Possesses exceptional verbal and written communication skills while also a good listener.
● Collaborative: Self-aware and open to feedback. Partnership mindset, prefers
understanding over being understood.
● A Leader: Straightforward, no-nonsense style. Calm, level-headed. A
self-assured executive who provides executive-presence in the room, while
keeping his/her ego in check.
● A Manager/Operator: Transparent, takes problems head-on, bias towards
making decisions quickly and decisively.
● Ethical: Unquestionable integrity .
Sign up and search through 66,463 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: