VelvetJobs relies on external sources for the accuracy of the job postings. Sometime jobs expire without us knowing about it. If the job posting happens to be expired, please alert us. Thank you!
Immediate Job Opportunity
Job Number: 9172
Group: Company Powertrain
Division: EC Troy
Job Type: Permanent/Regular
Transforming mobility. Making automotive technology that is smarter, cleaner, safer and lighter. That’s what we’re passionate about at Company Powertrain, and we do it by creating world-class powertrain systems. We are a premier supplier for the global automotive industry with full capabilities in design, development, testing and manufacturing of complex powertrain systems. Our name stands for quality, environmental consciousness, and safety. Innovation is what drives us and we drive innovation. Dream big and create the future of mobility at Company Powertrain.
Mission of the Position:
The Mechatronics Systems Engineer is responsible for definition of the mechatronic system, including control algorithms and electrical architecture for innovative and leading-edge solutions for driveline applications. They work closely with the customer or internal requirements and hardware component technologies to provide robust design solutions. You will develop, document, and maintain the system functional specifications and software control logic for the system. This position requires a high level of knowledge about electromechanical systems used in driveline systems.
• Responsible for the definition of the system level strategy.
• Utilize the customer requirements and hardware component technologies to provide robust solutions which can be implemented in mechanical and electrical hardware and software strategy.
• Support advanced engineering projects through software and system concept development.
• Responsible for the development, documentation, and maintenance of the system functional specification and software strategy specifications.
• Cooperate with the application software department and electrical hardware department to find robust system solutions and ensure clear and concise documentation.
• Responsible for the development, documentation, and maintenance of the system functional specification and software strategy specifications including:
• Performing requirement analysis, software architecture design and optimization, data structure design, and low-level software requirements development.
• Develop and maintain a responsive and cooperative working relationship with internal and external customers.
• Practice and maintain integrity while following Company’s Charter and Constitution.
• Follow Company’s Code of Conduct and Ethics and related compliance policies.
• Supports and adheres to policies, procedures, and operational guidelines related to established quality management system (IATF).
• Drive the development of new technologies to improve quality, efficiency and reduce cost.
• Comply with safety policies and procedures to ensure duties of self and others are performed in a safe manner.
• Health & Safety responsibilities:
o Understand applicable Environmental, Health & Safety policies and procedures in the workplace.
o Report unsafe conditions immediately.
o Report injuries, accidents, illnesses, near misses, property damage immediately.
o Follow safety rules.
o Comply with requirements for the use or operation of machines or equipment.
o Comply with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) requirements.
• Create a positive work environment by demonstrating and sharing functional/technical knowledge.
• Treat everyone with dignity, trust and respect.
• Complete additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and the requirements for the performance of this position. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements.
Customers and Business Interfaces:
• Project Management
• Software Engineering
• Electrical Hardware Engineering
• Software & HIL Test Engineering
• Systems Engineering
Requirements and Qualifications:
Bachelor of Science in Engineering required.
High level of analytical ability and understanding of engineering theory and principles of design.
Experience in MATLAB, Simulink, CANoe, and Dspace ControlDesk.
Working knowledge in computer-based software, powertrain controls experience, strong organizational/communication skills, and the ability to work with others in a team environment.
Minimum of 5 (five) years of experience required, embedded software development experience with additional experience in system level design and validation strongly preferred.
Experience writing system level and diagnostic requirements for control systems strongly preferred.
Knowledge of AutoSAR software architecture strongly preferred.
Knowledge of CAN-FD protocol, including GM Global B architecture, strongly preferred.
Sign up and search through 30,218 curated jobs in the Industrials Edition: