Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
A pioneer in the operating room (OR) integration industry, Image Stream Medical develops surgical video solutions that improve clinician productivity and collaboration inside the OR and across the hospital enterprise. What distinguishes Image Stream Medical is our 15-year track record of developing industry-leading technology, our deep understanding of surgical and clinician workflow, and our passion for forging strong relationships with our customers, many of whom are among the most respected hospitals in North America.
Littleton, MA - The Director, System Engineering leads the functions of a professional staff responsible for creating both standard (repeatable) and custom (one of a kind) customer solutions utilizing proprietary Surgical System Integration products combined with appropriate commercially-available products. The position leads the effort to standardize the design transfer, operational and support processes of Systems Integration products by collaborating directly with the Olympus SI Product Development function, Production, Supply Chain, Implementation and Support. The function also interacts with specific customer projects by designing in-room infrastructure solutions and custom solutions. The position consults with key Service, Supply Chain, Operations and Sales Center groups to define solutions for the Systems Integration Business. Further, the reach of the position is Global as a part of this role is to standardize and align System Engineering processes and capability around the world to maximize best practices and drive efficiency and effectiveness. This position will manage a team consisting of both Managers and individual contributors. All incumbents will be technology-based, most with extensive and/or advanced experience and training in various aspects of AV Design and System Integration. Examples of roles reporting to this position: Manager of SI Project Engineering including direct reports such as AV Systems Designer(s), AV Project Engineer(s), CAD Drafter(s), Site Planner(s) and AV Systems Programmer(s)
Manager of SI New Product Introduction and Sustaining Engineering including direct reports such as Systems Designer(s), Project Engineer(s), and AV Systems Programmer(s). The role will involve local and remote management (Littleton and Center Valley) and may involve direct or dotted line responsibility for International engineers.
Olympus embraces diversity and inclusion. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, our policies as well as our values prohibit unlawful discrimination based on an employee's or applicant's race, color, sex, age, physical or mental disability, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, genetic information, ancestry, military or veteran status, or any other federal, state or local protected classification. EOE Minorities/Females/Veterans/Disabled
At Olympus, we are True to You!
• Provide A/V design expertise and system design to new product introduction (NPI) initiatives.
• Develop complete bills of material (BOM’s) and drawing sets for standard solutions.
• Identify and qualify suppliers for complementary components to ISM proprietary designs.
• Optimize manufacturability, quality, reliability, serviceability, parts cost and implementation cost.
• Develop or support the creation of technical publications (user manuals, support manuals, etc).
• Develop clear, accurate, easy to understand drawing sets for system integration projects to be approved by clients and used by implementation teams.
• Achieve signoff (resulting in customer value as recognized by accepting an invoice) that meets customer and ISM expectations and ensures minimal surprises or changes later in the project.
• Interact with ISM Project Managers, customer project managers and others such as architects and general contarctors as needed.
• Participate or lead the ISM Specials process and act as a key decision-maker in the Specials Committee.
• Demonstrate outstanding business and technical judgment: filter specials requests by ROI, repeatability, value to the customer, technical risk/feasibility, regulatory/quality, etc.
• Ensure timely, on-budget, high quality implementation of custom solutions, occasionally acting as a project manager. Ensure customer satisfaction through setting appropriate expectations and delivering on promises. Develop and monitor plans for ongoing support.
• Develop, track and drive improvement of Key Performance Indicators (cost, effectiveness, quality, customer satisfaction).
• Set team objectives for continuous improvement, drive activity in support of improvements and ensure objectives are met.
• Identify, understand, engage in and lead cross-functional improvement initiatives.
• Identify, standardize and document key processes for deployment and adoption in international markets.
• Deploy, support and train international System Engineering expertise to ex-US groups.
• Directly support International business through custom projects, assistance in complex projects and supporting localization of SI solutions.
• Effectively delegate authority and responsibility to ensure accurate and timely execution of responsibilities and achievement of goals and objectives.
• Approve and oversee the management of budgets.
• Coach and support all direct reports regarding all aspects of the group’s performance.
• Oversee employee training and development to maximize individual employee growth, and ensure the readiness of successor leaders within the organization.
• Serve as a role model for corporate citizenship by understanding, implementing, and adhering to all Olympus policies, procedures, and protocols.
• Attend tradeshows, conventions, along with managerial training sessions.
• Perform other related duties as directed.
(ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONSIDERED)
• Bachelor's Degree in Management, Science or Engineering discipline is required, Master's degree is desired.
• Minimum of 10 years of management experience in medical device operations, quality and/or engineering is required.
• Experience with FDA QSR is essential.
• Minimum of 5 years of experience in System Integration, System Design and/or AV Design is essential, with strong preference for experience in Operating Room and other medical environments. Product development experience is desired.
• Experience in project management is necessary.
• Demonstrated leadership, organizational and management skills are essential.
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills are desired.
• Team Player orientation is necessary.
• Computer literacy is a must.
• Must possess the ability to travel domestically and internationally.
Sign up and search through 51,283 curated jobs in the Consumer Products Edition: