Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Full Time, Variable Shift, Interventional Cardiac Unit, Saint Joseph Hospital
Job Summary / Purpose
The major focus of this position is the supervision of the patient care environment; supporting the care team. Primary customers include the staff, physicians, patients/families and other members of the health care team. As a member of the leadership team, monitors and maintains clinical standards of care; maintains shift accountability for the assurance of appropriate staffing resources and provision of quality patient care. Acts as and represents Unit leadership when the Nurse Manager is unavailable. Demonstrates knowledge of and delivers care in accordance with the Kentucky Nurse Practice Act. Functions as a member of the interdisciplinary team. Participates in maintaining staff competencies through education, mentoring and role modeling. Supports the Nurse Manager in interviewing and hiring employees; training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and mentoring/coaching employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
Essential Key Job Responsibilities
1. Provides direct supervision of personnel practicing on Nursing Units, makes patient care assignments, evaluates assignments, facilitates patient throughput, and directly observes staff performance.
2. Proactively matches existing resources seeking ways to provide patient care that supports staff and maintains a therapeutic environment
3. Monitors productivity and assures that staffing and resources are aligned with patient care needs.
4. Communicates personnel related concerns to Unit Manager.
5. Uses a logical, systematic approach to problems and problem-solving.
8. Maintains confidentiality of information of the department.
9. Contributes to the efficient operation of the department.
10. Other duties as assigned by management.
Required Education for Staff Job Levels
BSN Degree OR ADN with 3 years of RN experience and requirement to obtain BSN within 3 years.
Required Licensure and Certifications
Current RN license in the State of Kentucky. See attached grid for required certifications.
Required Minimum Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Minimum of 2 years RN experience required.
Minimum of 1 year RN-Charge experience required.
Equivalent leadership capabilities will be considered in lieu of the leadership experience requirement based on executive leadership approval.
Must be able to demonstrate advanced skills and abilities of a registered nurse, practicing within the nursing scope of practice. Must have ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Also, be able to interpret an extensive variety of instructions and deliver successful results. Critical thinking and problem solving skills and must be moderately advanced with experience in handling complex situations and conflicts. Microsoft Office, Clinical Documentation, Payroll system
Requisition ID: 2020-R0284815
Market: CHI Saint Joseph Health
Sign up and search through 138,241 curated jobs in the Healthcare Edition: