Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Purpose and Scope
Delivers at a high level of competency in K-12 student engagement initiatives; supports the student affairs manager in achieving department goals and provides quality assistance and is efficient in service delivery.
Essential Job Functions
1. Provides support and a high degree of ingenuity, creativity, resourcefulness, in Company operations and policy.
2. Supports and develops activities for student engagement including, but not limited to academic equity, social-emotional learning, dropout prevention, restorative justice and internship acquisition and placement.
3. Provides continuous research-based professional development workshops for schools/teachers involved in new initiatives for academic equity, social-emotional learning, restorative justice and dropout prevention for K-12 students.
4. Works collaboratively with other professionals, and management to achieve system-wide results.
5. Supports K-12 student engagement experience efforts including but not limited to student recruitment, summer programming, training, communication, and progress monitoring.
6. Collaborates with team members and cross-functional teams to engage student participation in academic, social-emotional, restorative justice and dropout prevention programs.
7. Uses proven problem-solving skills to provide innovative solutions to achieve quality work process improvements.
8. Ensures that the workgroup’s goals and activities are in synch with and support the broader goals and objectives for Company; and that the execution of responsibilities is in accordance with lawful and ethical standards.
9. Prepares and maintains reports, records, correspondence, and files related to student affairs activities, and operations; provides for appropriate research and compiles reports for K-12 student engagement activities.
10. Assists manager with facilitating and designing student and staff professional development activities related to student voice and equity.
11. Assists and at times initiate academic event planning to highlight academic and extracurricular achievement for K-12 students (ex: Valedictorian and Salutatorian Dinner, Company Spelling Bee Championship, Internship Kick-off and End of Program celebration).
12. Tracks K-12 student engagement impact data for programmatic efficiency and Company reporting.
13. Completes all tasks necessary for K-12 Student Engagement activities for programmatic implementation (ex: internship site monitoring, summer internship payroll input and distribution, troubleshoot K-12 student engagement programs and activities).
14. Performs other related duties as assigned or directed.
Graduation from an accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or related field plus an additional 2 years related experience, or equivalent, for a total education/experience of 6 years (PROOF OF EDUCATION, TRAINING, AND/OR EXPERIENCE IS REQUIRED).
Degree Equivalency Formula:
Bachelor’s Degree= 4 years plus required years of experience.
Master’s Degree= 2 years plus required years of experience. Where Master’s degrees are required, years for Bachelor’s Degrees must be included.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to swiftly and appropriately adapt to changes
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to analyze situations and provide necessary support without prompting
Ability to work successfully collaboratively among team and cross-functionally with Company and school staff
Ability to understand the evolving educational environment and national trends to inform decisions and provide effective and quality support
Ability to take on operational challenges and see a project through completion
Ability to manage daily administrative tasks with little to no oversight
Knowledge and understanding of the department’s goals and the Company’s vision
Physical Requirements and Working Environment
Physical Demands: Requires sedentary work involving standing or walking for brief periods, exerting up to 10 pounds of force on a regular basis; and some dexterity in operating office equipment; must be able to use hands and fingers for sign language.
Unavoidable Hazards: The position is exposed to no unusual environmental hazards.
Sensory (ADA) Requirements: The position requires normal visual acuity and field of vision, hearing and speaking abilities.
AMERICANS WITH DISABILITIES ACT COMPLIANCE
Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Company provides reasonable accommodations to qualified persons with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are encouraged to discuss ADA accommodations with management.
Sign up and search through 52,766 curated jobs in the Education Edition: