Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Requisition ID: 463759
About the Role:
This Structural Heart Therapy Consultant position will demonstrate structural heart sales excellence and an understanding of the territory needs to effectively grow Company Structural Heart and its overall business. Strong sales skills are a definite need and the ability to be coached and directed will assist in making this job a success. Responsibilities unique to this position are working closely with internal Business Partners, Regional Sales Managers, Therapy Consultants and Clinical Specialists by providing excellent program support by managing all of Company internal resources. The Structural Heart Therapy Consultant will support all areas of structural heart cases including pre-case planning and recommended patient treatment strategies.
The Structural Heart Therapy Consultant is a trusted clinical advisor and seen as a clinical sales expert by the heart team. The Interventional Cardiology team with Company is looking for high energy, driven, passionate people, looking to not just change jobs, but start an amazing career!
At Company, our products and technologies are used to diagnose or treat a wide range of medical conditions. We continue to innovate in key areas and are extending our innovations into new geographies and high-growth adjacency markets. In Interventional Cardiology (IC) we design, develop, and produce technologies for diagnosing and treating coronary artery disease and other cardiovascular disorders. Medical Conditions we provide solutions for include: Cardiovascular Diseases, Coronary Artery Disease, Acute Myocardial Infarction. We are able to provide a number of solutions to patients that include: Drug-Eluting Stents, Bare-Metal Stents, Catheters, Balloons, Guide Wires, Coronary Atherectomy and Coronary Intravascular Ultrasound. We have a robust product line and pipeline, and we will continue to make an investment in Interventional treatments.
This Structural Heart Therapy Consultant will have the opportunity to sell and promote company products within a defined geographic territory. This will be accomplished by developing new accounts and expanding usage of company products within current accounts in an effort to meet a sales quota based on company sales goals and to directly increase sales revenue of the company.
Your responsibilities include:
• Sells products by scheduling sales calls to meet with current and potential customers to fulfill revenue and unit growth objectives assigned by company on a monthly/quarterly/annual basis.
• Develops and implements sales strategies by determining the relevant factors (e.g., product, competition and pricing needs) of existing and potential accounts to effectively promote the company's products to appropriate hospital personnel and physicians.
• Develops action plans (i.e., weekly, quarterly, monthly) by analyzing quarterly and monthly sales figures and reports identifying the needs of particular accounts and discussing issues with Regional Sales Manager to help the organization achieve its annual sales goals.
• Determines the needs (e.g., product and pricing), goals, product usage, and types of cases handled by specific customers by meeting with and asking in-depth questions of physicians and other hospital personnel to learn which BSC products can best address their specific needs.
• Observes actual procedures in the cardiac catheterization or electro-physiology lab and operating room of hospital accounts to gain insight into the specific nuances of each physician and each member of the lab staff.
• Establishes pricing packages by working with relevant BSC personnel to establish price points that address specific customer's needs while satisfying company guidelines and policies.
• Responds to customer needs and complaints regarding products and service by developing creative and feasible solutions or working with other related personnel (e.g. clinical research, pricing and/or marketing) to develop optimal solutions.
• Develops relationships with hospital personnel (e.g. through casual conversation, meetings, participation in conferences) to make new contacts in other departments within hospital and to identify key purchasing decision makers in order to facilitate future sales.
• Educates customers on the merits and proper clinical usage of company products by giving presentations and demonstrations using a wide variety of formats and platforms (e.g., slides, transparencies, manuals) to secure purchasing commitments, often with the help of incentive programs and services made available to the account being developed.
What we're looking for in you:
Minimum Education and Experience (or Equivalent)
2-4 Years with BA; 0-2 Years with MBA
Minimum 2 years previous experience in medical device sales
A four year degree with a background in sales and a proven track record of success will help in making this position a successful team approach to selling in the catheterization lab and to our physicians.
Strong clinical, analytical and selling skills are a must in this position.
Structural Heart experience
Person should have a proven ability to take on a large number of accounts and travel within a 4 state area.
Problem solving and the ability to be coached and directed by other teammates will allow collaboration and success in selling bag of specialty products.
Company (Company) transforms lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients around the world. As a global medical technology leader for more than 30 years, we advance science for life by providing a broad range of high performance solutions that address unmet patient needs and reduce the cost of healthcare. For more information, visit us at