Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Strategic Procurement Operations Manager
Mclean, VA, US
JOB CATEGORY: Commercial
REQUISITION NUMBER: 508761
About Company, Incorporated
Company is a family-owned business with more than a century of history making diverse products and offering services for people and the pets people love. With almost $35 billion in sales, the company is a global business that produces some of the world’s best-loved brands: M&M’s®, SNICKERS®, TWIX®, MILKY WAY®, DOVE®, PEDIGREE®, ROYAL CANIN®, WHISKAS®, EXTRA®, ORBIT®, 5, SKITTLES®, UNCLE BEN’S®, Company DRINKS and COCOAVIA®. Company also provides veterinary health services that include BANFIELD® Pet Hospitals, Blue Pearl®, VCA® and Pet Partners. Headquartered in McLean, VA, Company operates in more than 80 countries. The Company Five Principles – Quality, Responsibility, Mutuality, Efficiency and Freedom – inspire its more than 100,000 Associates to create value for all its partners and deliver growth they are proud of every day.
This role manages buying operations activities as well as local sourcing activities in order to create lean end-to-end support for a specific group of goods and services in the indirect sourcing area for several sites and/or countries across multiple Company segments (i.e. McLean, MWC, Petcare, Food). This role has an emphasis on professional services and the McLean, VA site, however does include support for additional categories as required.
He/she works closely with the category/sourcing managers and is responsible for the efficient and effective execution of sourcing strategy activities in that region. This role is responsible for identifying and delivering value chain optimization opportunities and ensures that the team acts as the first line of escalation on issues between suppliers and the business, operating the supplier relationship management process with suppliers.
1. Purchase indirect goods & services by securing price, capacity & service levels in line with commitments to the business and as per the sourcing strategies by applying a wide range of sourcing tools (e.g. negotiation, e-procurement, strategic collaboration, tenders/RFP’s etc.)
2. Implement supplier strategy/shape supplier base. Assess and develop suppliers in order to meet business needs and opportunities
3. Ensure effective risk management of the supply base through robust contracts and monitoring of financial and other KPIs. Implement corrective actions as appropriate. Manage all related commercial, financial & ethical aspects of projects
4. Establish & maintain relationships with senior leaders and Finance directors, department directors (plant manager, marketing director, sales director, supply chain director, etc.), and their teams to ensure understanding of their needs and to facilitate the appropriate level of challenge
5. Ensure compliance with policies, systems & controls, with focus on ReQlogic and other systems
6. Provide market and financial insights and inputs to the internal sourcing planning process
7. Recommend and implement best practice for areas of responsibility.
8. Participate in team knowledge transfer
9. Provide input to and execute the Global & Regional MSSM (sourcing strategy) at a local level and other major work streams
10. Participate in external forums and associations
11. Lead and contribute to global/regional projects as required
12. Participate & lead, when required, engagement programs
13. Actively participate in cross segment team meetings, as well any global and/or specific subcategory team meetings
14. Regularly maintain & update relevant KPIs (related to in scope investments e.g. savings, payment terms etc.)
15. Responsible for providing support, training and guidance to junior and/or new team members. As well as coaching and motivating local operations buyers in the achievement of their objectives. Provide support, as needed to individual buyers in complex negotiations and critical issues (e.g.: disputes that threaten continuity of supply, termination of major suppliers, suppliers causing late delivery of projects).
16. Acts as the liaison between the sites and/or Business units, and the sourcing managers to communicate changing business needs (e.g. specification, volume changes, etc.) and its impact to MSSM’s.
17. Works with other functions to support new product launches, line extensions, and execution of continuous improvement programs for indirect goods and services in scope for the role.
18. Execute supplier performance reviews on a regular basis
19. Develop & implement a continuous improvement action plan. Monitor changes and adjust the plan as needed to sustain performance results
20. Identifies and manages supplier collaboration initiatives (e.g. supplier owned inventory, forecast management, electronic invoicing, operational process streamlining, etc.)
21. Manage all related commercial, financial & ethical situations. Supports Commercial initiatives
22. Identifies opportunities, road blocks with respect to regional strategies and determines next best local approach as needed.
23. Collaborate with other buying operation managers and drive continuous improvement to become more effective and efficient
24. Influences internal stakeholders to align with global & regional buying strategy
25. Train stakeholders on usage of ReQlogic platform and manage day to day buying transactions
Context and Scope:
Optimize & execute Indirect Buying activities in terms of cost, quality, risk & availability for several sites across Company segments (McLean, MWC, Petcare, Food) per the commercial manual, its processes and Commercial governance.
This role is responsible for delivering a continuous supply to our stakeholders. Our aim is to provide cost-effective and service orientated solutions with timely execution and responsive collaboration with the business stakeholders in the indirect categories (Supply Chain, Services and Marketing and Sales). He/she will work closely with the regional sourcing managers to drive efficient and effective implementation of category/sourcing strategies. In addition, this individual will be responsible for managing supplier performance on a day-to-day basis, and act as the first point of contact for suppliers and internal clients.
1. Price Risk Management - Essential
2. Effective Sourcing - Advanced
3. Sourcing Category Expertise - Advanced
4. Stakeholder Engagement - Advanced
5. Commercial Negotiation – Advanced
Company websiteer Relationship Management – Advanced
Minimum Required- >5 years of professional experience, ideally with supplier/customer management experience & financial acumen
Preferred- Strong background in MRO, Procurement, Supply Chain
Company is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. If you need assistance or an accommodation during the application process because of a disability, it is available upon request. The company is pleased to provide such assistance, and no applicant will be penalized as a result of such a request.