Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
The Store Manager is fully accountable for the day-to-day operation of the store including: managing controllable expenses to budget, associate hiring and scheduling functions, merchandising presentation, product re-stocking, proper documentation of receipts and stockroom organization of inbound freight, proper cash handling controls and other point of sale (POS) transactions. Supervising, directing and training all store personnel on corporate guidelines and directives, along with maintaining responsibility for inventory control, payroll record documentation, loss prevention, store safety standards and ultimately maximizing store profit margins. The Store Manager is in sole charge of the store and in no event will he / she spend more than 40% of his / her work-time performing duties that do not involve direct management of the store and supervision of employees.
1. Fully accountable for all functions of store operations, including interviewing, selecting and training all store employees on proper execution of job duties
2. Responsible for proper planning ensuring appropriate staffing levels, associate supervision, coaching, and providing clear direction on overall merchandising standards, stocking and customer service expectations.
3. Recruit, interview, select and train all store associates. This includes extending job offers.
4. Appropriately and timely resolution of associate relations and all customer issues. Partner with Regional Manager, Human Resource support and corporate office, as needed.
5. Responsible for store compliance on all corporate policies, procedures and directives and utilizes sound judgment in decision making and execution of same.
6. Responsible for maintaining and managing all controllable store expenses to assigned budget.
7. Maintain and oversee accuracy of record keeping, including but not limited to the
following; cash handling, sale & refund receipts and attendance records.
8. Protect company assets including merchandise, fixtures, furnishings, equipment and supplies. Train store associates on theft prevention techniques.
9. Appropriately delegate workload assignments while managing day to day operations.
10. Perform all associate counseling & corrective actions, including annual performance evaluations and terminations as needed.
11. Ensure accuracy of payroll information and process weekly.
12. Continuous focus on growth of customer mailing list efforts.
13. Maintain safe working and shopping environment for both employees and customers. Always practice safe usage of all store equipment and provide appropriate service levels to deter against theft. Report suspicions of theft and unsafe behavior to the Store Manager, or Regional Manager immediately. Conduct monthly safety meetings with associates.
14. Maintain active, candid, open levels of communication with Regional and Zone Manager.
15. Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Physical Requirements: On occasion, but in no event more than 40% of Store Manager’s work time he/she will unload trucks; lift, open, unpack boxes of merchandise; use box cutter to open boxes; use 2/4 wheel dolly; use carpenter tools to build displays; use ladders to stock/pull merchandise; run cash register; use 10 foot rollers to unload trucks; sack purchased merchandise and carry to customer\u0027s car; lots of walking and standing; sits at desk to do paperwork.
Sign up and search through 222,321 curated jobs in the Retail Edition: