Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
The Senior Quantitative Finance Analyst will be responsible for conducting complex model validation primarily for the Credit Card Acquisition portfolio of models in the Model Risk Management division of Global Consumer, Small Business Banking, and Wealth and Investment Management. The scope of the models, methods, and processes spans across credit, underwriting, marketing, and optimization in the Bank’s credit card portfolio.
The position will be responsible for
• Performing all model validation tasks including but not limited to independent model validations, annual model reviews, ongoing monitoring report reviews, required action item reviews, and peer reviews.
• Conducting administrative and governance activities such as model identification, model approval, breach actions, extension assessments, to manage model risk.
• Providing hands-on leadership for projects pertaining to quantitative modeling and analytics methodologies such as machine learning, logistic/linear regression, and optimization.
• Providing methodological, analytical, and technical support to effectively challenge and influence the strategic direction and tactical approaches of these projects.
• Communicating and working directly with relevant modeling teams and their corresponding Front Line Units; and if needed, communicating and interacting with the third line of defense (e.g. internal audit) as well as external regulators and governance agents.
The successful candidate should be a seasoned modeler or validator and meet the following requirements:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills including ability to communicate clearly, effectively, and work well with people at all levels
• Conducted complete and rigorous independent development and/or validation of models
• Advanced quantitative degree with 5+ years of hands on model development or validation experience at a financial services firm
• Strong knowledge of financial, mathematical and statistical theories and practices, and a deep understanding of the modeling process, model performance measures, and model risk.
• Have a deep understanding and knowledge of modeling processes and model performance measures and to perform effective challenges to the current models
• Ability to follow up with issues and summarize discussions
• Ability to manage multiple projects and direct the effort of others
• Proficient in at least two of the following languages and statistical packages: SAS, SQL, MATLAB, R, VBA, and Python.
• Knowledge of risk, underwriting and marketing models in a consumer lending environment
• Proficiency in machine learning platforms/software (e.g., SPM®, Python / sklearn, XGBoost, and R), algorithms, and techniques
• Coaching experience in a modeling group
• Project management experience
• Business and operations knowledge and/or experience for credit cards, auto loans, home loans, and other products in consumer banking, financing and investments.
Shift:1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: 40
Sign up and search through 101,632 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: