Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Under general supervision, handles internal and external customer calls and emails relating to billing and/or policy status. Provides support and guidance to peers. Handles peer escalations.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
1. Assists customers with policy and coverage inquiries
2. Explains insurance terms and concepts in a customer friendly way
3. Receives and responds to calls and emails by providing responses in writing and/or by telephone within designated call and transaction parameters.
4. Communicates professionally and effectively, follows up, and keeps customers informed. Acts like an owner when making decisions.
5. Acts with a sense of urgency to provide superior service to our customers and internal business partners.
6. Takes accountability for seeing things through in a timely, one call resolution.
7. Builds strong relationships with customers and colleagues, demonstrates teamwork and collaboration.
8. Utilizes available tools to educate customers and solve problems.
9. Utilize logs or other tools to track and update issues.
10. Provides agent assistance with website navigation.
11. Embraces existing and new technology, effectively utilizing desktop tools to multi-task and deliver efficient customer service.
12. Identifies or anticipates customer needs, recommends solutions and monitors results.
13. Identifies issues which require system or process improvements. Offers suggestions for improvement.
14. Be a change champion by embracing change and recommending ways to improve.
15. Be a supporter of our World Wide Operations mission statement: “Our Customers depend on us to deliver the right services, the right way, every time. We take pride in making this happen.”
16. Diffuses escalated calls and resolves complex customer issues. Works scheduled escalations time in order to assist peers with issues. Acts as an owner when making decisions. May be called on by leaders to handle escalated calls/issues.
17. Provides training and support to new and junior-level staff. Takes initiative to help others with exceeding team or department goals, and to further advance operations.
18. May be involved with development and implementation of solutions which result in gains in productivity, process efficiencies and improvements in internal and external timeliness.
May perform additional duties as assigned.
Supervisor or above
Skills, Knowledge & Abilities
1. Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills including professional phone etiquette and the ability to work with internal and external customers at all levels.
2. Strong analytical skills with the ability to work independently and proactively to identify and resolve problems.
3. Strong computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite and other business related software.
4. Strong organizational skills including the ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize work.
5. Strong understanding of business math calculations including addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, and percentages.
6. General knowledge of the insurance industry, products and services.
Education & Experience
High school diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
Consistently demonstrated expertise in a Call Center environment.
Financial Services/Billing Experience.
Experience with commercial insurance required including agency experience and carrier experience.
Sign up and search through 103,375 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: