Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Company Corporate Audit Services (CAS) is seeking a strong candidate to join our growing team of audit professionals. The candidate would audit a variety of Corporate Treasury related projects including audits related to liquidity, interest rate risk management, investments, derivatives, and funding. The audits conducted by the candidate support execution of the Audit Committee’s approved plan, and provide Senior Management with recommendations to strengthen key business processes.
The Corporate Audit Services Senior Auditor is primarily responsible for completing audit engagement assignments with minimal supervision from the audit team management. The Senior Auditor is expected to understand risk and risk management techniques, identify and analyze business processes, key risks and critical controls, and evaluate control design adequacy; perform or supervise control testing; and document work performed in conformance with internal audit policies and procedures.
1. Assisting the audit team management in planning audit engagements. Includes understanding risk and risk management techniques; identifying and analyzing business processes, key risks and critical controls; interviewing auditees; and evaluating control design adequacy.
2. Performing or supervising staff auditors in the testing of controls based on audit program directions. Includes using appropriate sampling and control testing techniques; identifying and assessing the relevancy of possible issues; and documenting work performed to support audit scope/conclusions, to facilitate an efficient review, and to meet internal audit policies and procedures.
3. Drafting audit issues under the supervision of the audit team management. Includes drafting potential exposures and significance, identifying appropriate root causes, and developing recommendations that are operationally effective and cost-effective actions to address those causes.
4. Assisting the audit team management in the reporting and wrap-up phases of audits. Includes assisting with drafting audit reports.
5. Learning from and applying coaching received.
6. Performing other duties as requested by management
Bachelor's degree, or equivalent work experience
Five to seven years of experience in an applicable risk management environment
1. Relevant Financial Service Industry knowledge and financial risk management practices. Preferred knowledge of the Treasury function (e.g. Funding, Investments, Risk Management) at a large banking institutions (greater than $250 billion in assets).
2. Thorough understanding of Institute of Internal Auditors (IIA) Standards and the common definition of internal controls.
3. CIA, CPA or other relevant professional designation or advanced degree.
4. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
5. Strong critical thinking and analytical skills.
6. Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines simultaneously.
Sign up and search through 117,506 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: