Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Under the supervision of the Associate Dean, the candidate will demonstrate flexibility to teach both associate degree and college-level transfer courses in Speech. Assignments may require the use of online technology. Assignments will include evening and /or weekend college sections designed to address student demand. Other duties may include participation in Company-wide, divisional and departmental assessment, curriculum development and student retention initiatives.
Characteristic Duties and Responsibilities
1. Prepare for and deliver instruction and perform teaching-related activities.
2. Manager the classroom/laboratory.
3. Develop curriculum and monitor and revise as appropriate to maintain course effectiveness; assist in program evaluation.
4. Manage equipment, supplies, and materials.
5. Assess student performance and advise students on academic issues.
6. Collaborate with advisory committee in program area.
7. Attend departmental and institutional meetings.
8. Promote the education/training program, participate in efforts to recruit and retain students, and participate in efforts to market Company.
9. Support student organizations and activities.
10. Develop relationships with business and industry.
11. Complete program evaluation and follow-up.
12. Maintain certification, continue professional development and stay current in filed.
13. Perform other duties as assigned.
Must have a Master's degree in Speech Communication; including coursework in public speaking and/or interpersonal communication and/or intercultural communication, or
A Master's degree in a related discipline (which may include, but is not limited to Speech Communication and Rhetoric, Organizational Communication, Theatre Arts, Education, or English) with at least 18 graduate credit hours in Speech Communication.
Must have a minimum of one year of full-time or equivalent (2,000 hours) of non-teaching occupational experience.
Must have a minimum of two years college level teaching experience within the last five years. Three years of college level teaching experience is preferred.
1. Knowledge or experience with engaged and service learning strongly preferred.
2. Must be able to communicate effectively through both oral and written means.
3. Must have knowledge of assessment of student academic achievement techniques.
4. Must meet State of Company (Company) Certification Requirements.
5. Must meet Higher Learning Commission (HLC) standards (if applicable).
6. Must be able to relate successfully with students and staff of diverse cultural, social and educational backgrounds.
7. Teaching – Must embrace and demonstrate the Company Core Abilities and Standards of Teaching Excellence in development and delivery of instruction.
Company Core Abilities
Collaborate with others
Think critically and creatively
Apply math and science
Demonstrate environmental responsibility
Standards of Teaching Excellence
Understanding Students and Fostering Student Success
Content Mastery and Currency
Assessment of Student Learning
Ability to lift 50 pounds with or without accommodation
Ability to sit or stand for class duration with or without accommodation
Email - Experience with an Email system (GroupWise, Outlook, Gmail...)
Telephone - Experience with a voice mail system
Computer - Experience with Microsoft Office Suite
Experience with or willingness to learn the following supportive technologies:
1. Online Information Management Systems - Experience with INFOnline or other online information management systems used for student advising, student programs, grading, class schedules and rosters.
2. Blackboard - Experience with Blackboard or other web-based course - management systems.
3. Technology-based instruction - Experience with technology-based instructional delivery systems including SMART symposium, interactive touch screen monitors, LCD projectors, DVD players and/or other classroom technology.
4. Emerging Technologies - Experience with emerging technologies (e.g. social networking applications).
5. (Optional) Distance Learning Instruction - Experience with on-line, two-way video, ITV, and other methods of distance learning instruction.
Company is an AA/EEO employer and committed to workplace diversity. Excellence through cultural diversity, we strongly encourage people of all racial/ethnic backgrounds to apply.
Sign up and search through 52,508 curated jobs in the Education Edition: