Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
About Ubisoft, a Global Network of Talented People
Ubisoft is composed of over 12,000 talented people located in 28 countries across the globe. With around 85% of its staff devoted to game development, Ubisoft has the 2nd largest in-house creative team in the world.
The company’s 27 different creative studios work hand-in-hand each day to deliver rich and innovative gaming experiences that reflect the creativity and diversity of their teams. This cross-studio collaboration model means every team member has the opportunity to participate in challenging projects based on iconic brands including Assassin's Creed®, Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon®, Tom Clancy's Splinter Cell®, Rabbids®, Rayman®, Watch Dogs®, Far Cry®, The Crew®, Just Dance® and more.
With an expansive global distribution network, Ubisoft is also a company that stays in close contact with its local fans.
To learn more, please visit: http://www.ubisoftgroup.com.
About the job
The solutions architect is responsible for evaluating distributed architectures, identifying physical and virtual hardware needs, designing systems based on internal or 3rd party technologies, while maximizing maintainability and cost-effectiveness. You are also involved in the research and development of new technologies to further the company objectives.
Reporting into Ubisoft’s Global IT group, the solutions architect partners with stakeholders both inside and outside the group (either game development teams or middleware developers). The main tasks include:
• Master the technique
◦ Validate proposed architectures to maximize maintainability and cost-effectiveness. Propose improvements and amendments when appropriate.
◦ Review and validate solutions based on several SQL and NoSQL database technologies.
◦ Evaluate technologies for company-wide adoption.
◦ Prepare and present communication material mainly for technical audiences.
◦ Act as a senior technology advisor for other teams.
• Work in a team
◦ Work together with partners to define purchase plans for both physical and virtual resources.
◦ Participate in peer reviews and other knowledge exchange initiatives.
◦ Participate in the creation, evolution and enforcement of internal standards.
◦ Follow internal processes on change management and incident resolution.
After passing a BA/BSc in Computer Science (or other equivalent title), you have enriched your professional path of different experiences for at least 5 years in solution design.
You possess a provable experience in a variety of technologies and providers among the following sets:
• Chef, SaltStack, Ansible
• AWS, GCP, Microsoft Azure
• MySQL, MongoDB, Redis, Hadoop
• Kafka, RabbitMQ, ZeroMQ
Also, a NoSQL database experience is a preferential skill.
Skills & Knowledge
• Bilingualism (French-English, spoken and written) ;
• Good ability to communicate both in written and verbal form ;
• Extensive knowledge in the field of databases, automation and configuration management ;
• Fast learning ;
• Team player ;
• Strong motivation to improve oneself and others.
Ubisoft is committed to creating an inclusive work environment that reflects the diversity of our player community. We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, ethnicity, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age or disability status.
Sign up and search through 26,246 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: