Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Job Summary and Mission
At Company, our mission is to inspire and nurture the human spirit – one person, one cup, and one neighborhood at a time. Company Technologists work to achieve this mission through the use of cutting-edge technology delivered to our partners, customers, stores, roasters, and global communities.
This position contributes to Company’ success by identifying and being a champion of the right solution to meet business needs and opportunities, while keeping an eye towards long-term scalability, resilience, and low operating cost. The sr technical product manager defines how a product or service integrates with other products and services to meet specific business goals, serves as a change agent for the enhancement and extensibility of existing products and services within Company Technology.
You will be valued as a technical subject matter expert among business and engineering partners because you will maximize the value of your products and services through thoughtful, data-driven problem solving, crisp definition of MVP solutions, and cross-functional collaboration with peer technology teams and organizations.
To be successful, the technical product manager needs to have significant technical acumen along with a strong product management background, with demonstrated experience in shaping a product or service’s function within a larger enterprise technology context. This role will partner with cross-functional product managers and Company Technology leaders to help define the roadmap priorities and ensure that it remains aligned with the broader strategic priorities.
Summary of Key Responsibilities
Responsibilities and essential job functions include but are not limited to the following:
Product Definition & Value
• Contributes innovative business capabilities and customer features informed by technology trends and business strategy to the product or service roadmap
• Translates customer experience and business strategy requirements into technical requirements
• Influences decisions by providing technical consultation and direction to stakeholders
• Influences and documents non-functional requirements including performance, scalability, resilience, usability, accessibility, security, and business continuity
• Collaborates with peer technology teams to align on solutions
• Represents customer experience context to engineering teams
• Creates acceptance criteria/requirements to align with customer, business, and technical strategy goals
• Leads prioritization of backlog
• Recommends new technology trends and innovative products/features to the team
Analysis & KPIs
• Analyzes data and uses results to justify product decisions and apply key learnings
• Defines product health and performance metrics and dashboard/reporting requirements, and KPIs to measure performance against feature goals
• Identifies opportunities to improve feature performance and overall product health using data
• Leads ongoing improvements to product performance
Leadership & Communication
• Partners with engineering teams to apply knowledge/expertise in defining technical requirements and solution architecture, and understands technical debt and non-functional features to prioritize appropriately
• Owns effective relationships with engineering teams across Company Technology
• Interacts directly with business stakeholders to understand business issues and to communicate ramifications of technical options
• Eliminates ambiguity in feature criteria and goals
• Presents solution options/recommendations clearly and persuasively to support business stakeholder decisions
• Influences & negotiates with teams across Company Technology, with business partners, and with third-party vendors and resolves most issues independently
• Leads team members and peers in learning technical skills and business acumen
Product Planning & Delivery
• Identifies and documents technical tradeoffs as well as dependencies and constraints
• Presents recommendations and influences alignment across neighbor ST teams
• Performs validation of feature against stated goals; facilitates user review/acceptance testing
• Manages the elimination of blocking issues during development
• Works with cross-functional engineering teams on feature sizing and delivery planning
• Practices iterative, agile development and is well versed in agile methodologies and tools
Summary of Experience
• Relevant functional/business process experience - 7 years
• Product definition, measurement, and analysis experience - 7 years
• Enterprise services product management or ownership experience - 7 years
Specialty Qualifications, Highly Preferred
• Microstrategy 10.4 or newer product knowledge
• Agile Scrum Methodologies
• Ability to influence and gain the support of key stakeholders
• Experience developing clear, thorough user stories and acceptance criteria that drive effective solution development anchored in customer experience
• Ability to apply business metrics to define and measure performance of product decisions
• Deep understanding of the system architecture and design concepts behind complex, enterprise-class software solutions at high transaction volumes
• Talent for designing future-proof solutions with an eye towards future use cases, scalability, and maintainability.
• Skilled in the utilization of system development methodologies throughout the full project lifecycle
• Gift for rooting out ambiguity
• Ability to build consensus across a diverse group of stakeholders
• Consistent use of strong verbal and written communication skills to influence outcomes
• Ability to balance multiple priorities and meet deadlines
Company and its brands are an equal opportunity employer of all qualified individuals.
We are committed to creating a diverse and welcoming workplace that includes partners with diverse backgrounds and experiences. We believe that enables us to better meet our mission and values while serving customers throughout our global communities. People of color, women, LGBTQIA+, veterans and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with all federal state and local ordinances. Company Corporation is committed to offering reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to a disability, please contact us at 206-318-0660 or via email at ___@___(apply_to_show_email).
Sign up and search through 351,298 curated jobs in the Retail Edition: