Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Senior Publicist/Publicity Manager - Portfolio, Sentinel, and Optimism
We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Publicist/Publicity Manager to join the Portfolio, Sentinel, and Optimism imprints at Company! Reporting to the Director of Publicity, this position will work with bestselling nonfiction authors in the business, self-help, and politics categories. This role is part of a highly collaborative team that develops and executes creative publicity strategies across all three imprints.
Our authors are internationally recognized economists, leaders, professors, CEOs, media personalities, and movement starters, and our mission is to help them refine and position their message, build their tribes, and spread their ideas far and wide. The ideal candidate for this position is a self-starter with a strong interest in current events who would be excited to be at the forefront of the changing landscape of business, work, and politics.
Specific responsibilities include:
1. Planning and executing publicity campaigns that will maximize exposure for authors and their books.
2. Pitching to national and regional TV, print, radio, and online media and building strong media relationships.
3. Project managing authors, their internal teams and freelancers to coordinate all details of the publicity efforts, including media, online networking, and events.
4. Seeking out new media opportunities and brainstorming creative angles for our books.
5. Managing and overseeing each campaign budget.
6. Coordinating various events from book tours to corporate lectures, and arranging bulk buys and back-of-the room sales.
7. Creating pitch letters, press releases, and other press materials.
8. Working closely with the marketing team to leverage publicity efforts for social media and consumer awareness.
9. Working closely with agents, booksellers and key in-house departments including editorial, marketing, sales, and subsidiary rights.
10. Performing general department responsibilities and representing the imprints at various meetings, functions, and industry events.
11. Supervising one direct report, in conjunction with other members of the team.
Please apply if you meet the following minimum requirements:
Minimum of 5 years’ experience in book publishing publicity or related media
Experience with nonfiction books preferred
Established national and regional media contacts including TV, radio, print and online
Experience with event and tour coordination
Ability to work independently as well as part of a team
Strong written and verbal communication skills
Ability to influence and effectively collaborate across reporting lines and impact overall business
Strong public presentation skills
Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
Must be a creative and strategic thinker
Proven ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects in a fast-paced, deadline driven environment
Experience managing budgets
Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
Familiarity with web based applications like Cision, MuckRack and NetGalley
To apply, please submit your resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
Full-time employees are eligible for our comprehensive benefits program.
Company is the leading adult and children’s publishing house in North America, the United Kingdom and many other regions around the world. In publishing the best books in every genre and subject for all ages, we are committed to quality, excellence in execution, and innovation throughout the entire publishing process: editorial, design, marketing, publicity, sales, production, and distribution. Our vibrant and diverse international community of nearly 250 publishing brands and imprints include Ballantine Bantam Dell, Berkley, Clarkson Potter, Crown, DK, Doubleday, Dutton, Grosset & Dunlap, Little Golden Books, Knopf, Modern Library, Pantheon, Penguin Books, Penguin Press, Company Audio, Penguin Young Readers, Portfolio, Puffin, Putnam, Random House, Random House Children’s Books, Riverhead, Ten Speed Press, Viking, and Vintage, among others.
Company values the array of talents and perspectives that a diverse workforce brings. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status.
Sign up and search through 26,440 curated jobs in the Entertainment & Media Edition: