Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Within the Risk Monitoring & Reporting team of the Enterprise Risk Management (ERM), the Senior Monitoring Analyst position will primarily lead teams in evaluating the design and effectiveness of operational controls as part of the Enterprise Monitoring Plan through understanding business processes and related risks and controls; verifying and documenting issues; and developing appropriate recommended actions to remediate the issue. Must be able to do in-depth root cause analysis and develop creative and pragmatic solutions for management action with limited supervision. This position will also assist the broader Operational Risk and Coordination team in interacting with business leaders as they stand-up first line monitoring and testing programs, as well as, assist in developing and enhancing monitoring standards, guidance, and tools. Additionally, as a lead role, this position will be responsible for mentoring less experience staff and assisting the Risk Monitoring Manager in developing standards, guidance, and tools for the discipline. Exceptional communication skills is an absolute must as this position routinely interacts with senior leaders and executive management while discussing complex issues.
• Business processes and related risks and controls, as well as, key performance and risk metrics. This may include transactional testing, using data analytics, process review, etc.
• Creative and pragmatic solutions for risk and control issues and recommend appropriate remediation efforts after analyzing root cause; partnering with key business stakeholder and other risk domains.
• The creation and development of first-line risk monitoring metrics when opportunities for improvement are identified
• Risk monitoring reports that outline work performed during monitoring reviews including scope; how the work was performed; review conclusions; and, any issues identified
• Complex risk monitoring reviews (as assigned, under limited direction of the Risk Monitoring Manager), including development of scope, approach, execution, and communication of issues verbally and through formal reporting.
• Demonstrate compliance with all bank regulations that apply to your position, and keep up to date on regulation changes.
• Maintain working knowledge of our policies and procedures regarding the Bank Secrecy Act, Regulation CC, Regulation E, Bank Security and other regulations that apply to your position.
• May perform other duties as assigned
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Finance, or other related field required.
• CIA Certification is preferred
• 5-7 years of experience in financial services, risk management, internal audit, internal controls, or similar related experience.
• Ability to analyze complex information to provide insights and make recommendations designed to mitigate risk or recognize opportunities.
• Ability to think big picture, connect the dots, and effectively develop reports or presentation materials with clear, concise, and compelling messaging for senior leadership and the Board.
• Proven critical thinking skills, including but not limited to: analyzing and explaining risks, assessing opportunities and competition, identifying and analyzing emergent concerns, anticipating the impact of actions taken, designing and implementing initiatives to further mature the risk management framework.
• Proven problem-solving skills, including but not limited to: active listening, data gathering, data analysis, fact finding, causal analysis, process analysis, creative thinking, and collaboration, and influence.
• Proficient organizational and process management skills, with demonstrated ability to manage multiple priorities under pressure and complete deliverables under critical timelines.
• Knowledge of a broad range of risk categories that may impact the enterprise and a strong understanding of internal controls.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
• lifting up to 25 pounds.
• Occasional travel
No relocation offered.
We do things a little differently here at Company. Our retail stores serve as community hubs, our associates are given up to 40 hours of volunteer time each year, and we're never satisfied with the status quo. It's no wonder we've made "Fortune's 100 Best Companies to Work For" eight years in a row. But greatness has no finish line, so we continue every day to keep people at the center of everything we do. We focus on building relationships, understanding our customers' needs and connecting to people in new and innovative ways -- always staying true to our mission of providing personalized banking for all people, whenever and however they prefer to bank.
Company is committed to employing a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, protected veteran status, or disability. We maintain a drug-free workplace and may perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.
Sign up and search through 51,575 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: