Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Under minimal supervision and with a high level of autonomy, the Senior Manager, Alternative Investments Product Delivery uses extensive knowledge and skills obtained through education and experience to ensure timely onboarding of new alternative investment products (i.e., hedge funds, private equity funds, real estate funds, and other non-traditional investment opportunities). Effectively manages issues related to existing products. Accomplishes objectives by partnering with business unit teams (i.e., product development and research, product management, operations, and communications/education), senior management, other areas of the organization, and fund managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Demonstrates a commitment to the Firm’s core values.
• Onboards new products and troubleshoots issues with existing products.
• Works closely with alternative investments product management, product development and research, operational due diligence, product support, and operational teams to commercialize and deliver a cohesive, well-structured forward pipeline.
• Resolves roadblocks; maintains regular contact with manager and other internal customers to identify, research, and resolve issues.
• Performs reporting on work progress.
• Serves as a bridge between department leadership, fund sponsors, and the teams tasked with execution of initiatives.
• Ensures a structured approach to launches of new offerings.
• Works with product development and research, product support, product management, and operations to meet ongoing client needs, supporting an optimal client/investor experience.
• Maintains relationships with platform managers.
• Contributes to department-wide initiatives that require team input (e.g., sales and marketing strategies, marketing campaigns, creation of marketing collateral, evaluation of effectiveness of existing resources, etc.).
• Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• Complex investment products (e.g., hedge funds, private equity, real estate, private credit, etc.) and the markets in which they invest.
• How alternative investments are accessed, traded, and supported on a brokerage platform.
• Relevant FINRA/SEC rules and regulations.
• Financial markets, products, financial advisory function, and investment process.
• Principles of banking and finance and securities industry operations.
• Quantitative and qualitative understanding of the investment management business and performance measurement.
• Macro and micro economics and their impact on investment strategies.
• MS Office applications.
• Cultivating and maintaining effective working relationships.
• Responding resourcefully to ambiguity.
• Prioritizing tasks, managing time, and organizing people.
• Demonstrating impeccable attention to detail.
• Conflict resolution.
• Identifying the needs of customers through effective questioning and listening techniques.
• Organizing, managing, and tracking multiple tasks and assignments with frequently changing priorities in a fast-paced work environment.
• Maintaining knowledge of larger landscape without neglecting granular details while tracking initiatives, staying alert for risk, and resolving issues as they arise.
• Promoting effective coordination between multiple work groups and functional areas.
• Ensuring resolution and completion of tasks.
• Implementing strategies and tactical plans across organizational lines.
• Highly motivated, proactive, and resilient.
• Preparing management reports.
• Developing processes and procedures for efficient and timely workflow.
• Interpreting and applying policies and procedures.
• Detail orientation sufficient to thoroughly complete assignments, and ensure quality standards are met without impairing workflow.
• Analyzing, researching, and resolving inquiries and issues in a timely manner.
• Operating standard office equipment and using required software applications to produce correspondence, reports, electronic communication, and spreadsheets.
• Balance conflicting resource and priority demands.
• Be proactive and demonstrate readiness and ability to initiate action.
• Manage ambiguity during product delivery.
• Work to tight deadlines.
• Work under pressure.
• Thrive in a collaborative environment.
• Represent the company in a highly professional manner.
• Demonstrate competence with well-respected industry fund partners.
• Communicate effectively with top advisors and respected hedge fund and private equity firms, both orally and in writing with precision and logic.
• Write in a well-organized, concise yet complete format and use verbal and written communication skills to effectively and professionally communicate with all levels of the organization, including financial advisors.
• Read and interpret complex legal documents such as private placement memorandums, limited partnership agreements, and selling agreements.
• Maintain composure in stressful situations.
• Partner with other functional areas to accomplish objectives.
• Use sound judgement and decision making.
• Facilitate meetings, ensuring that all viewpoints, ideas, and problems are addressed.
• Demonstrate an uncompromising adherence to ethical principles.
• Work independently, as well as collaboratively, within a team environment.
• Organize, prioritize, and manage tasks and projects to complete work efficiently.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with team members, internal partners, and external parties.
• Establish clear directions and priorities.
Educational/Previous Experience Requirements:
• Bachelor’s Degree (B.A.) in Finance, Business or Economics with a minimum of eight (8) to ten (10) years’ experience in the wealth management industry.
• Experience as a project manager; or theoretical and practical project management knowledge.
• An equivalent combination of education, experience and/or training as approved by Human Resources.
• SIE required provided that an exemption or grandfathering cannot be applied.
• Required: Series 7 within 6 months of hire.
Sign up and search through 59,210 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: