Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Senior Designer - Woven's
The ideal candidate will report to the Sr. Design Director and demonstrates expertise and knowledge in apparel design concepts, practices, and procedures particularly in the contemporary women’s market. Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish Design departmental goals. Candidate will have proven success in an Apparel Design environment or in a related field.
% of Time
1.25% Maintain a strong knowledge of market trends & competition, preparing competitor & trend analysis regularly.
2. 40% Creates original hand sketches of style groups based on concept/direction from SVP of Design. Translate these into .ai sketches as needed and follow fits from development to production.
3.10% Propose ideas and manage creation of seasonal concept.
4.10% Full understanding of design calendar & ability to assist the design director in managing workflow & deadlines. Assist VP of design with management of all expenses put into concur.
5.10% Partner with PD/Production to ensure design integrity, margins are met, & processes will work from development into production.
6.5% Teach the junior members of the team more efficient systems in tech pack creation and plm.
2. Minimum 5-7 years of design experience in the contemporary women’s market. Additional experience in menswear is also a plus.
3. Possesses extensive knowledge of garment construction and technical specs, knowledge of woven fabrics, silhouettes, fabrication, color ways, sewing techniques, graphics, trim & technical knowledge of fabric construction.
4. Microsoft proficient, knowledge of Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop, extensive knowledge of PLM
5. Ability to work in a fast paced environment while maintaining a high level of quality and accuracy
6. Ability to analyze work load and plan accordingly
7. Willingness & ability to travel internationally when required
1. Must work well as part of a team
2. Problem-solving skills
3. Being able to efficiently multi-task
4. Positive Attitude
5. Eager to learn and teach
6. Excellent communication skills
Sign up and search through 13,360 curated jobs in the Fashion Edition: