Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Responsible for representing the assigned enterprise data domain and serves as the SME for that domain. The Data Steward will be a leader influencing change and will ensure the data in the domain is meeting the needs of the enterprise. Change agent and advocate for the adoption of rigorous data quality management and for expanding the enterprise value of the data.
1. Be a part of implementing domain strategy, collaborating with business units, and corporate functions to ensure domain strategy meets corporate and business goals.
2. Exhibit strong relationship management skills to ensure data owners, custodians and consumers are meeting critical business priorities and interacting across domains as needed to solve business objectives.
3. Participate in industry forums, conferences and with other client and partner forums to gain insight to drive domain strategy and set priority as well as shape industry change.
4. Resolve conflicting priorities among data owners, data consumers and custodians within sphere of domain
5. Drive efficiency and risk mitigation through balancing business value and cost working with data owners, and consumers to deliver an efficient operating model and data architecture.
6. Establish and implement an oversight process to provide for tracking of important business, client and regulatory initiatives ensuring delivery of data requirements
7. Follow the Information Management Office data quality framework for critical fields ensuring quality delivery of data end to end for the domain
8. Engage appropriate data consumers to define their critical data and work across business units to gain agreement on critical data standards and alignment.
9. Coordinate and implement data quality remediation efforts to ensure data meets the standards identified by the enterprise.
10. Oversee periodic reviews to ensure continued compliance with the data governance policies (includes compliance assessments, monitoring, and control testing).
11. Create or update document taxonomies and actively participate in the semantic reconciliation of data models
12. Review and approve Data Quality Scope and Requirement documents
13. Build an operating model for Party and Reference Data domains and assist building the party and reference data framework
A College or University degree is preferred and/or data governance and quality work experience is required. 10+ years’ experience in financial services. Deep domain knowledge. Strong cross business unit experience leading enterprise initiatives. Strong Northern Savvy a plus. Understand and be capable of effectively communicating the role of Data Governance to both business and technical communities within the sphere of data domain. Understand key business drivers of those functions which enter, modify, manage, and consume the data within domain. Possess broad-based knowledge of the domain data. Understand all aspects of defining and implementing data quality management. Capable of engaging senior leadership with business, operations, and technology. Possess excellent verbal and written communication skills. Possess strong leadership and organizational awareness skills. Possess proven facilitation and conflict resolution skills. Possess exceptional analytical, conceptual and problem-solving abilities. Capable of driving enterprise-wide initiatives for the definition and adoption of common data dictionaries and enterprise business ontology. Capable of addressing data issues proactively
Sign up and search through 78,547 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: