Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
The Senior Auditor is an experienced professional with a strong technical understanding of products, services, and regulations across the swaps and derivatives industry. The person performing this position will be responsible for supporting the assessment and review of Company’s swap dealer (“SD”) activities, including overall compliance with CFTC-regulated swap trading activities. In this role, the Senior Auditor will actively engage with senior members of Company management, including those responsible for leading the swap dealer program.
In addition, the Senior Auditor is responsible for work paper quality, thoroughness, accuracy, and timeliness. The Senior Auditor may also execute a broader role across the team in terms of recommending or developing operational efficiencies and/or producing and delivering presentations which assist the wider audit department with understanding root causes of control gaps, industry trends, peer practices, etc.
• Conducts and documents audits of the governance structure and internal controls over the risk management and compliance framework such as risk identification, operational risks, risk measures, and relevant regulatory reporting, and testing key controls within these processes, specifically reliability and quality of data sources, data reconciliations, and aggregation.
• Leads and participate in audit reviews and projects.
• Develops and demonstrates an understanding of the business risks, controls, and processes, along with an understanding of relevant laws, regulatory rules, and knowledge of the impact of systems within areas reviewed.
• Performs work that adheres to all Corporate Policies and Standards (e.g., creates electronic work papers to evidence scope of examination and accuracy of findings), professional auditing standards, and regulatory requirements.
• Applies analytical skills, discussions with the Business and Audit Partners, and risk assessments to properly identify key risks and controls, audit scope, and testing approach within an audit or other project.
• Accurately designs and executes the testing approach and ensures that work paper documentation is clear, concise, supports the reviews performed, and explains decisions made during the project.
• Communicates with management, including leading efforts to discuss the business/risk environment and issues/risks raised during the audit review, along with providing periodic updates on the status of the project.
• Develops subject area expertise to assist in providing comprehensive, in-depth consulting, training, coaching, and leadership to the team and wider audit department.
• The ideal candidate will have regulatory compliance experience working for an FCM, Swap-Dealer, regulator, futures exchange, or similar organization
• 3+ years of compliance or regulatory experience
• Futures and options experience required, including strong knowledge of CFTC and NFA rules
• Excellent written and oral communication skills. Able to succinctly communicate complex concepts in an easy to understand manner
• Analytical and detail-oriented with the ability to interpret rules and regulations and practically apply them to ongoing operations
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment as part of a global audit team across multiple time zones and jurisdictions
• JD or MBA is a plus
Company provides innovative financial services and guidance to corporations, institutions and affluent families and individuals globally. With 130 years of financial experience and nearly 20,000 partners, we serve the world’s most sophisticated clients using leading technology and exceptional service.
Working with Us:
As a Company partner, you will be part of a flexible and collaborative work culture, which has a strong history of financial strength and stability. Movement within the organization is encouraged, senior leaders are accessible, and you can take pride in working for a company that is committed to strengthening the communities we serve!
We recognize the value of inclusion and diversity in culture, in thought, and in experience, which is why Forbes ranked us the top employer for Diversity in 2018.
We’d love to learn more about how your interests and experience could be a fit with one of the world’s most admired and ethical companies. Build your career with us and apply today.
Sign up and search through 111,209 curated jobs in the Finance & Investment Edition: