Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
Secretary to Director, College Readiness and Counseling
To facilitate the accomplishment of district and campus goals and objectives by providing paraprofessional support to instructional specialists and the curriculum & instruction department in general
Education / Certification:
High School Diploma/GED
Special Knowledge / Skills:
Ability to work in a team setting toward the accomplishment of shared goals
Exceptional personal skills in dealing with people such as greeting, answering telephone, giving and receiving information, working with individuals within the department, within other administration departments, in the schools, and in the public (parents, community members)
Experience with Lawson
Experience with all Microsoft applications
Experience in school settings preferred
Major Responsibilities and Duties:
1. Serve individual instructional specialists as assigned while maintaining commitment to the overall C&I department.
2. Acquire specific knowledge concerning instructional programs and activities to be better able to serve customers: assists teachers, administrators, parents, other community members, and students as necessary.
3. Answer telephone and greet callers on behalf of instructional specialists; take messages, answer questions directly, or refer as necessary.
4. Prepare requisitions and maintain budget records for instructional specialists.
5. Prepare correspondence and other printed material for specialists.
6. Maintain records and files for specialists, including program specific information as necessary (enrollment, etc.).
7. Assist in preparation of staff development activities (acquiring and organizing supplies, handling registration and scheduling, etc.); may handle money if fees are required
8. Make travel arrangements for instructional specialists.
9. Work closely with other departments as necessary to serve specialists (operations, maintenance, purchasing, transportation, MIS, etc.).
10. Maintain current knowledge and skills related to computers used in performance of job tasks.
11. Maintain confidentiality of material, especially that relating to individual students,teachers, etc.
Ability to communicate effectively (verbal); maintain emotional control under stress; interpret policy, procedures, and data; coordinate district functions.
Physical Demands / Environmental Factors:
Frequent prolonged and irregular hours; Repetitive hand motions; prolonged use of computer; steady phone interactions; moderate standing, walking, and bending.
Sign up and search through 53,347 curated jobs in the Education Edition: