Job Details – this job has expired, please see similar jobs below
At Company, we’re looking for Team Members who want to be part of achieving our mission to provide our customers the highest quality most affordable bottled water.
Consider applying here, if you want to:
Work in an entrepreneurial and dynamic environment with a chance to make an impact.
Develop lasting relationships with great people.
Have the opportunity to build a satisfying career.
We offer competitive compensation and benefits packages for our Team Members.
Sales Development Manager
The Sales Development Manager is responsible for managing internal customers and facilitating communication. The position will work closely with the Regional Sales Manager and Vice President of Sales to support sales strategies and tactics to increase retention and growth of customers.
Role Responsibilities and Scope
Achieve/exceed annual case and revenue sales performance goals, pricing target goals and forecast accuracy targets.
Work with RSM and VP on developing and achieving annual account plan and account specific case, revenue, and penetration.
◦ Manage preparation and attend bi-annual business reviews with RSM to gain customer exposure
◦ Manage preparation of account specific business plans with RSM Direction
◦ Facilitate execution of all special programs (ex. causal marketing, cross-promotional, special bonus pack promotions, etc).
◦ Facilitate and attend all plant tours/entertainment events.
◦ Promotional schedule management.
# Weekly review of all accounts in region with each RSM
Manage all internal customer trade funds/marketing accruals and the like.
Work closely with RSM and customer on understanding internal goals and executing specific programs that meet Company and customer sales objectives
Support account retention goals
◦ Join RSM and VP in relevant store openings, charity events, etc.
◦ Join RSM and VP and handle individual plant tours/entertainment events.
Achieve successful new customer startups for all new customers and items in region.
◦ Manage startup project with all internal Company departments (PLM process).
◦ Facilitate all communication with RSM during startup process and during the process
◦ Prepare and communicate startup timeline with RSM and determine who will communicate to the customer.
◦ Identify potential startup issues, develop resolution, and manage communicating that resolution internally and externally.
Manage regional sales reporting responsibilities.
◦ Manage process of developing and distributing necessary internal sales reports (Cognos/Cube Data)
◦ Optimize use of customer reporting tools and proprietary systems.
# Generate all required reports.
Manage communication of competitive retail checks (H Drive) & ECRM data analysis
Achieve annual MAPE goals and manage forecasting process.
◦ Support RSM with data to assist with monthly forecast
◦ Work closely with customer supply chain team on verifying forecasts.
Execute opportunities for improvements in operational efficiencies, service levels, and operational points of difference.
◦ Manage all customer communication necessary for making proposed change (ex. S&S ordering in pools, necessary changes in lead time to address fines, changes in customer ordering practices-mixed loads, C&S pallet fines, etc).
◦ Manage all escalation in service level concerns with RSM
Manage all internal day-to-day customer management.
◦ Facilitate internal communication with Transportation, Planning, Customer Service, Sourcing, Accounting, Legal, and Manufacturing.
# Examples: label compliance, design change, new packaging rollout, account receivable help, new item rollouts, service level opportunities, etc.
Facilitate quality questions/resolution, audits, and other sales related quality requests.
Assist with customer level documentation requests for promotions, special items, etc.
Customer specific bid support and new item rollout.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without prior notice.
◦ 5-7 years – Experience in sales or other related field
◦ 5-7 years – Experience in Position
◦ 5-7 years – Experience Supervising Employees
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
◦ 7-10 years – Experience in sales or other related field
◦ 7-10 years – Experience in Position
◦ 7-10 years – Experience Supervising Employees
*experience may include a combination of work experience and education
We seek that our Sales Development Manager embodies the values of Company’s LIFE competency model, especially focusing in the following key drivers of success:
Lead like an owner
◦ Overcomes obstacles and demonstrates a sense of urgency in achieving objectives
◦ Demonstrates honesty and readily admits to mistakes
◦ Prioritizes resolution of customer issues effectively
◦ Makes recommendations to continually improve policies, methods, procedures and/or products
◦ Challenges upwards effectively and appropriately
◦ Increases performance through greater efficiency
◦ Demonstrates adaptability by reacting appropriately to unexpected changes in situations or circumstances
◦ Confronts tough issues respectively and to resolution
Find a way
◦ Demonstrates the skills and behaviors required to achieve individual performance expectations
◦ Seeks to develop technical knowledge through learning from other experts
◦ Demonstrates determination and persistence while treating others with respect
◦ Seeks solutions rather than placing blame
Empowered to be great
◦ Consistently looks for ways to improve one’s self through growth and development opportunities
◦ Suspends instant judgment in order to seek information, when safety is not an issue
◦ Has courageous conversations around difficult issues
◦ Communicates clearly and promptly up, down and across
◦ Demonstrates active listening
◦ Is open-minded when forming opinions
◦ Communicates effectively to manage expectations
Additionally, the ideal Sales Development Manager candidate is expected to demonstrate the following skills:
Knowledge of and experience with Microsoft Word and Access , Advanced Excel and Advanced PowerPoint skills
Knowledge and experience in retail grocery marketplace / consumer packaged goods
Problem Solving - identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Planning/Organizing - uses time efficiently; plans for additional resources; sets goals and objectives; organizes or schedules other people and their tasks.
Detail oriented and accurate - minimizes mistakes, follows every step in a process and follows through with all tasks
Oral Communication - speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; demonstrates presentation skills.
Team Work - balances team and individual responsibilities; contributes to building a positive team spirit; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives.
Written Communication - writes clearly and informatively; presents numerical data effectively; able to read and interpret written information.
Leadership - inspires and motivates others to perform well; influences actions and opinions of others; Displays passion and optimism.
◦ Bachelor's Degree in Management/Marketing/Finance or other related field or equivalent experience
◦ Master's Degree in Management/Marketing/Finance or other related field or equivalent experience
Any employment agency, person or entity that submits a résumé into this career site or to a hiring manager does so with the understanding that the applicant's résumé will become the property of Company, LLC. Company, LLC will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Employment agencies that have fee agreements with Company, LLC and have been engaged on a search shall submit résumé to the designated Company, LLC recruiter or, upon authorization, submit résumé into this career site to be eligible for placement fees.
Sign up and search through 57,141 curated jobs in the Consumer Products Edition: